Kim Bong Hyun: "But considering the hip-hop tradition that 'attitude' is important, releasing a solo mixtape after doing idol group promotions could be seen as pretending to be hip-hop. The criticism is that it's contradictory and not cool, even if the mixtape is good."
Rap Monster: "I understand that people can view that way. But I'm very greedy. I want to pursue many kinds of music. I think these criticisms will go away if I end up making good music and people listen to it. I don't want to be swayed by this kind of thing anymore. I was swayed too much until now. I still remember when G-Dragon released 'Heartbreaker'. The reactions were totally different from the reactions for 'One of a Kind'. He did well like that, but those that hate G-Dragon still hate him now. You can't help it."
In fact, G-Dragon all-killed Melon chart with his 'Heartbreaker' album.
Pann: What's with BTS Rapmon? (feat. dragged GD)
1. [+257, -48] When artists do an interview, don't they usually refer to a sunbae as (name) sunbae-nim? Who is he to be judging that GD haters keep hating him when he's a hoobae ㅋㅋ A lot of people already saw a new side of GD on Infinity Challenge. I'm quite speechless...
2. [+183, -19] I'm a VIP and I don't want to be associated with these kids anymore ㅠㅠ They'll call us sensitive every time ㅋㅋ
3. [+126, -31] It's really funny how Rapmon fans say Rapmon is after Zico ㅋㅋㅋ What about Bobby and Song Mino?
4. [+73, -4] Honestly, Song Mino, Bobby, and BI are the underrated ones. Rapmon has nothing but he drags a sunbae in his interview while Song Mino semi-wins on SMTM with hit songs like Fear and Okey Dokey, Bobby wins on SMTM with YGGR, and BI makes Empty, Born Hater, Hook, and My Type. What did Rapmon even achieve? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I didn't even mention GD because he's not at the level to be mentioned in this.
5. [+65, -1] In another interview, he talked about how he likes and respect Bigbang but judges them in other interview. Heartbreaker was hurtful to GD fans and Bigbang fans. Did he have to say that? Couldn't he be more careful? And what's with "He did well like that, but those that hate G-Dragon still hate him. You can't help it."? Makes me so mad.
6. [+63, -3] "He did well like that"? This sentence makes me laugh and dumbfounded ㅋㅋ Who is he to be talking like that ㅋㅋ
(tn: The sentence could come off as arrogant, it doesn't translate into English)
7. [+52, -3] They said they like Bigbang... He should've treated him as a sunbae, at least.
8. [+52, -4] They can't even beat Bigbang's direct hoobaes who are also their hoobaes and he dares to drag GD ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Oh, is that why they called Winner a golden spoon since they can't beat Winner and iKON?
9. [+46, -3] Golden spoon, fuck ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He feels inferior to YG artists
Rapmon: "Winner has always been issued since before debut but we had nothing when we debuted. We think that we got here from 0 and we believe we can keep rising while thinking about our start. Our strategy to be superior to Winner is our album color. Winner is lyrical but if we show dark and wild sides, I think people would be attracted."