K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Cringe-worthy idol group names

Bigbang
Girls' Generation
Infinite
Bangtan Boys (bulletproof boys)
Super Junior
Shinhwa (legend)
B2ST
GFriend (girlfriend)

-

Pann: Aren't the names of idol groups cringe-worthy?

1. [+203, -4] Before debut, Bangtan members were so embarrassed of their own group name ㅋㅋ At gym, someone asked Suga and J-Hope if they were going to debut in a team and they said yes. The person asked what the group name was and they answered that it wasn't decided ㅋㅋㅋㅋ When in fact, the group name was already decided two years ago ㅋㅋ I stan them so I tell people, "I like Bangtan Boys" and they get suspicious and say, "that's not the actual name of the group, right?" I tell them it actually is and they laugh at me ㅠㅠ

2. [+159, -6] Bangtan was seriously shocking. The members also had names like Rap Monster and Suga. I wondered what kind of confidence they had to be doing this.

3. [+137, -0] GFriend for me... I think the name is so carelessly chosen.

4. [+69, -0] Crayon Pop's brother group is called K-Much (snakehead)

5. [+53, -0] TVXQ though ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Super Junior made fun of the "TVXQ" name but then they were named "Super Junior" after ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+46, -0] I think Bigbang, Infinite, SHINee, and Shinhwa are very classy names. These names are still pretty.

7. [+44, -1] When people ask me which group I like, I say "BTS" instead of "Bangtan Boys" to look classy

8. [+40, -5] I'm glad that Lovelyz didn't end up as Princess... They were asked to choose between Lovelyz and Princess and they chose Lovelyz ㅠㅠ

9. [+36, -1] Bangtan should've named themselves without 'Boys'. The 'Boys' part gives North Korean vibes.

10. [+31, -0] I was shocked when Girls' Generation first came out because it sounded like an anime name. Also Apink... Why pink? Rumors say SM Rookies will debut as 'Blue Galaxy', let's shut up.

11. [+23, -1] Bigbang is a good name. They almost debuted as Diamond, Bigbang is good enough ㅋㅋ "Hello, we're Diamond." We almost became miners ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

12. [+22, -2] I got Bangtan Boys and Boys' Republic mixed up

Back To Top