K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Lay reveals SM grades trainees based on their looks


"SM graded the trainees based on their looks. I got a C. There were two trainees who got a D, so I was the fourth one from the lowest in SM. Because I got a C, I was able to focus on my training harder. It was a chance to reflect myself accurately."

=

Instiz: Company that grades their trainees from A~D based on their looks

- For the company, their artists are a product so they have no choice. Celebrities are at a big advantage if they're handsome.

- I get the purpose but I really don't like it

- I can't believe Lay was the fourth from the lowest, he's really handsome

- But beauty is subjective, so how are they even grading this ㅋㅋㅋ I also don't understand why they tell the trainees their grades

- First impression is important when they first debut... You can't help this lookism

- SM seems to love diving people by their grades. Face grades, dance grades, singing grades... I'm sure there's more

- SM does their own Produce show within the company, so...

- Looks are a talent for idols

- If you get a low grade on looks, what can do you do to improve it? ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Should you get plastic surgery? If you're graded on skills, I can see room for improvement

Back To Top