K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Mysterious profile of the original writer of Sungkyunkwan Scandal & Moon Embracing the Sun

Writer Jung Eun Gwol (pen name) earned annual royalties of $800K with Sungkyunkwan Scholars' Lives and Moon Embracing the Sun. In real life, she has an average job and her family and close friends don't even know that she's Jung Eun Gwol. She wrote the novels as a hobby after work and they happened to hit daebak.

-

Pann: Annual royalties the writer of Moon Embracing the Sun got

1. [+363, -2] I really envy her... She could be like, "I have a shitty job but I can manage it since I have $800K sitting in my bank account", "The stupid boss is at it again when he doesn't even have $800K, I'll forgive him since I have the $800K".

2. [+357, -0] Wow, even her life is like a novel story... An average worker who is secretly a bestseller that no one knows! My dream life.

3. [+291, -1] It's somehow awesome that she still works.

4. [+152, -2] Sungkyunkwan Scandal and Moon Embracing the Sun were huge hits. She only got $800K?

5. [+136, -1] $800K is too little. I guess it's because the Korean market is smaller than the American market? Both were big hits as novels and dramas, shouldn't she earn millions? I don't know the writer but hwaiting.

6. [+83, -1] If you read the novels, you would find that she has amazing knowledge on the Choson dynasty... I think her job must be history-related, especially on the Chosen era... Maybe she's a Korean history prof?

7. [+67, -1] Wow, it's amazing. Released novels quietly, they hit daebak  but still works at the job quietly ㅋㅋㅋㅋ That means she doesn't show off her success. How modest and cool.

8. [+56, -0] She could be a full-time literature writer who uses the pen name for the history genre... Her writing is amazing.

Back To Top