Ranking of cities salarymen want to live in (1462 salarymen surveyed)
1) Jeju Island (22.0%)
2) Gangnam, Seoul (12.0%)
3) Busan (4.9%)
4) Seoul (4.4%)
5) Melbourne, Australia (3.5%)
6) Paris, France (3.4%)
7) New York City, USA (3.3%)
Article: 'Seoul Gangnam' is #2 city that salarymen want to live in... What's the #1 city?
Source: Yeonhap via Nate
1. [+65, -3] Jeju Island is only good for well-off people like Lee Hyori... It's hard for ordinary people. I've lived there for 9 years and it's only a typical tourist place with no available jobs. In 2010, the best job you could find was at travel agencies for $1000 a month. It took 3~4 days minimum for a package to be delivered. You also have to pay extra for delivery because it has to cross the sea. The land and houses are ridiculously expensive because of the Chinese and foreigners. Getting away from the busy life? Not at all. The traffic jam is no joke when you're going home from work and the tourist spots are always crowded. It'd be better to live in a small city where there's an industrial complex nearby, not too many people, access to highways and trains, parks, and far away from a tourist spot.
2. [+48, -2] I'm sure they mean Centum City for Busan.
3. [+39, -3] Melbourne, Paris, New York ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Are they out of their mind?
4. [+9, -0] I think it'd be good to live anywhere as long as you're rich.
5. [+4, -0] I'd travel in Jeju Island but I've never wanted to live there. Even when I was there for traveling, I didn't like it enough to want to live there.