K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Reasons why community sites are dangerous?

1) You lose your own opinions. You obsess and rely on others' opinions.

2) When there's a controversy on the community site, you have to spend energy and get tired unnecessarily.

3) You lose the boundary between online and offline. You think the community's opinions and offline opinions are the same.

4) You think the community members' opinions are always right. You think you're enlightened and progressive for being on the community site and those who are not on the site are ignorant.

5) There's a lot of information on the community site and the Internet. The problem is that when you absorb the information, you also end up absorbing useless information that's in there.

6) On community sites, you can find many different kinds of people like jobless, depressed, and loners. You find them relatable and agree with them. The problem is that instead of making up your mind to make changes to your life, you find yourself normal and don't bother to change.

7) You spend a lot of time in your room. You even don't even think about getting out of the bed.

8) Community sites have a lot of keyboard social warriors. If someone is at fault, they act like they're going to execute him regardless of the weight of his fault.

9) A lot of witch-hunting.

-

Pann: Guys, community sites are very dangerous

1. [+193, -1] I do feel swayed on community sites. I get hurt online. But I also like how I get a lot of advice to help me with life.

2. [+192, -71] Misandrists and misogynists also learned their stuff from the Internet.

3. [+108, -2] Most of them apply to me. What should I do?

4. [+80, -1] Stay away from community sites if you're young. You'd think you're grown up but you're honestly not. You'll get swayed and brainwashed. It's much better to read a variety of books instead.

5. [+75, -3] I actually think it makes me think deeper. I might find something not serious but I learn that others find it offensive. But it makes me sensitive, too. I think you need to balance using community sites and being offline.

6. [+64, -1] Don't trust stories on Pann too much. Pann takes misandry and divorce too easily and only praise a few selected celebrities. It's very biased.

7. [+62, -0] I really agree with number 1... If there's no comment, I can't decide whether it's right or wrong ㅠㅠ

8. [+48, -0] I agree about losing your own opinions. If you jump on a wrong bandwagon, you'll get brainwashed by their opinions.

Back To Top