Article: Choi Siwon reps, "Statement of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, there were no intentions on it"
Source: Sports Donga via Naver
"There were no intentions. When he was asked what 'Japan' reminded him, he was reading 'Daemang' at that time so he only mentioned the characters in the book."
1. [+8507, -207] This statement would've been a big controversy even if the dog controversy didn't happen. How can he, as a Korean, say he likes Toyotomi Hideyoshi who caused wars to invade Korea? I guess he didn't pay attention in his classes because he was busy with his celebrity career? I can't believe he likes the figures without knowing who they are just because he enjoys the Japanese novel...
2. [+7706, -135] You used to promote well with your image but I think it's done now.
3. [+7246, -101] The problem isn't his intentions. The problem is his thoughtlessness.
4. [+5528, -88] Bye.
5. [+5065, -91] Sayonara~
6. [+1972, -10] I would be upset enough if a Japanese person said they like Toyotomi Hideyoshi but it's a Korean ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Does he even have manners?
7. [+1810, -10] Please think as you live. A precious life is gone because you thoughtlessly let a dog go around without a leash. I understand that he likes the Sengoku Period but if you graduated elementary school, you'd know enough to exclude Toyotomi Hideyoshi.
8. [+1657, -11] Of course there were no intentions... But we could see your ideology and beliefs.