(China is banning trips to Korea in response to THAAD)
Canola Flower International Walking Festival @ Jeju, Seogwipo
THAAD affect... 200 Chinese participants did not show up
Jeju is 'slow' without Chinese tourists
Domestic tourists increased by 24%... Filling the empty spots of Chinese
Nakajima Yoshihisa (From Aomori, Japan)
"It's still winter in Aomori so there's still snow. In here Jeju, I'm enjoying the spring weather."
Since the ban on Korea trips, Chinese tourists have decreased by 32%
The walking festival had 8000 foreigners participating including those from Russia, Singapore, and etc... A big success
Pann: Situation of Jeju Island without Chinese people
1. [+434, -0] Supporting the clean Jeju.
2. [+357, -7] It's been a long time since I've quit going to Jeju Island and Myungdong because of the Chinese people. I'm gonna go again once there are less Chinese people there. With this opportunity I also hope Korean-Chinese people would be gone. I really don't like how there are Korean-Chinese villages forming here and there. It becomes a dangerous area and the housing price drops. The street becomes dirty and it becomes a ghetto place quickly. They consider themselves fully Chinese anyways. Nobody even invites them but they come here, work with Koreans, and yet hate Koreans to the core. They also bring a lot of violent incidents. There needs to be an action taken to Korean-Chinese people. Make the immigration tougher and ban them from buying Korean lands. Korean-Chinese people would cause trouble in China, run off to Korea, cause trouble again, and run back to China. They're a serious problem.
3. [+297, -0] Ah, I should visit Jeju Island while there are no Chinese people...
4. [+47, -0] China: Wait, this isn't what I intended... *confused
5. [+43, -0] Woah, Jeju Island was so slow without Chinese people. I honestly really liked it but the merchants were sad because their business wasn't doing well... I don't know what's right.
6. [+38, -0] I went to Jeju Island this weekend. It was raining and cloudy all along but the noisiness and chaos were gone. It felt like a real vacation.
7. [+36, -0] Korea without Chinese~
8. [+35, -0] Seoul feels different enough. Before this, I would walk down the street and hear Chinese only. I felt like it wasn't Korea.
9. [+33, -0] I live on Jeju Island and it's really good without Chinese people ㅠㅠ In the newer area, there used to be so many Chinese people. The airport is now clean with no garbage and we can get on a plane quickly ㅋㅋ I really like how there's no garbage. Before, I went to a cafe with a friend and two Chinese women were eating ddukbokki and lunch box... I thought I was hallucinating when I smelled their food. They left their garbage and left... The tourism business might've been affected but as a Jeju resident, I honestly like it.
10. [+27, -2] They could use this to advertise. Honestly, Chinese people cause a lot of disturbance everywhere they go. They'll succeed if they promote as clean Jeju without Chinese people.