Pann: Jang Do Yeon also did the same thing with Mamamoo's racist controversy
1. [+225, -8] I didn't really find it problematic but if black people find it uncomfortable, shouldn't they apologize? They're black themselves.
2. [+209, -2] Jang Do Yeon must've had a heart attack with Mamamoo articles.
3. [+194, -6] Isn't it similar to white people cosplaying Koreans and painting their faces yellow? I wouldn't really care if they did but it's a sensitive issue for black people. It's indeed a form of discrimination.
4. [+60, -0] Our country doesn't understand because we were never treated with severe racism like black people. I also don't find it racist but it's hard for me to understand because I'm not black. And if most black people find it uncomfortable, then it's racist. I feel like our country is really lax on racism because we're not multi-ethnic. If they didn't know, then they should reflect and not do it again. Don't try to defend them by saying it's not racist.
5. [+46, -1] I didn't find it problematic because it's a cosplay of a certain artist but if black people were upset by it, then they should apologize.
6. [+42, -0] Okyere said that a 'black hyung' is used for admiration but he didn't understand why it had to mention the skin color. He could just be a cool hyung regardless of his skin color. We don't call a white person a 'white hyung'. If Jang Do Yeon was cosplaying a white artist, do you think she would've painted her face white? We need to start fixing small things like this.
7. [+37, -0] Mamamoo became controversial because it's K-pop and there are international fans. Jang Do Yeon doesn't have i-fans so it didn't become issued.
8. [+26, -0] Mamamoo and their company apologized, what's with people trying to shield them here?