Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Red Velvet Wendy, "I received the Obama Presidential Award when I was studying in the US... My GPA was 3.93"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+356, -40] Pretty and smart ㅋ Wendy is charming.
2. [+354, -34] SM has a lot of kids with good vocals. Wendy and Seulgi's talent is too good to be idols that sing repetitive songs.
3. [+288, -24] Plenty of the idols are ignorant, Wendy's grade is good enough to show off ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
4. [+45, -30] There are so many international students studying in the US these days. 4 is the maximum GPA but you get 5 if you take AP or honors, so your GPA isn't considered high if it's not above 4. And it depends on the Obama award, but you can also receive it if you have enough volunteer hours. I'm not saying that she wasn't a good student but this isn't the generation to show that off on that show.
5. [+33, -3] She talks about the Obama award on every variety show ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
6. [+29, -9] Her average must be above 95, so it's indeed great. But if your GPA is above 3.8 or 3.9, your school will apply the education board for the award. It's an "education presidential award", not a "presidential award"... It's not given by the president. The education board will send the award to school and the school will issue it. It depends on the school. You'll either receive it personally or in front of the entire school. Depending on the size of the school, there might be a lot of students receiving the same award. Just because you have the award, it doesn't mean that you're guaranteed to enter a good university. I'm sure most Korean students have received it. It's a proud thing indeed, but I'm explaining this because it's not the level of a "presidential award".
Article: 'Abnormal' Red Velvet Seulgi, "The reason why we're loved? Our unique concept"
Source: Sports Seoul via Naver
1. [+192, -17] Seulgi and Wendy are so pretty ㅠㅠ
2. [+137, -18] Seulgi is pretty with a boyish charm. She's a girl crush.
3. [+92, -10] Hwaiting with your Rookie promotions~
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Lucky, "India has a population of 1.2 billion, there's no ID for people"
Source: My Daily via Naver
1. [+188, -7] Huh? So how do they know that the population is 1.2 billion? Is it an estimate?
2. [+146, -6] That's really dangerous...
3. [+123, -8] Hul, it must be dangerous...
4. [+116, -7] So that's why they steal others' organs... Scary... I'm scared to travel to the country.