(Excluding Red Velvet & NCT since they're rookie groups)
Pann: Which idols do you think is the best SM group in history?
1. [+118, -10] Why isn't BoA there? She debuted at a young age and became a top singer with No.1. It's not an exaggeration to say BoA paved the way to Japan. No.1, Valenti, Amazing Kiss, Spark, Moto, and My Name were all hits.
2. [+93, -48] I'm an EXO-L but I think SHINee's music is legendary.
3. [+90, -6] I'm 20 and I've been a fan of TVXQ since debut. I'm now a JYJ fan but as a TVXQ fan at that time, I want to say it's BoA > TVXQ. BoA debuted at a young age and became successful in Korea. She then went to Japan and started all over again from the bottom. After that, TVXQ debuted and went to Japan after gaining domestic popularity. In Japan, BoA and TVXQ promoted as J-Pop artists, not Korean artists. They started with street performances. The reason why Korean artists can promote in Japan is mostly because of BoA and TVXQ. It's an undeniable fact. Now, TVXQ's popularity in Japan is unimaginable and not comparable to other Korean artists. Considering their popularity and earnings objectively, I can guarantee it. TVXQ and JYJ aren't the same in Korea anymore but please don't look them down... I currently don't support the two TVXQ members because of the deep details of the lawsuits and stuff that only fans know of, but I always get upset when I see comments that put down JYJ and TVXQ.
4. [+52, -0] What pisses me off is how kids look down on SNSD and TVXQ these days ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
5. [+52, -24] Definitely SNSD. They have four music videos over 100 million views and one music video over 90 million views. They're #1 annually and Gee had the most digital sales since 2000. Genie was #16 in the year, Oh! was #6, and their subunit was #12. They released The Boys in November but it was #21 in the year. Their digital sales are legendary for SM idols. Their physical sales for 2nd album was 410K, 3rd album was 450K, and 4th album was 300K.
6. [+49, -1] It's TVXQ vs SNSD. TVXQ had a bigger fandom than EXO and SNSD had digital sales, physical sales, and Youtube views. It's a battle between these two.
7. [+43, -8] In terms of domestic careers, it's SNSD for sure
8. [+40, -1] BoA for solo. TVXQ for boy groups. SNSD for girl groups. SNSD had public recognition, fandom, and everything else.
9. [+39, -8] Isn't it SNSD? They're the only SM idols that has #1 annual song. They also have another song that was in annual top 10.
10. [+37, -1] SNSD. Their peak is gone but SNSD was, is and will be the only girl group that can overpower boy groups by their popularity.
11. [+37, -1] Everybody shut up. It's HOT.
12. [+34, -2] I'm not from TVXQ era but I think it's TVXQ.