K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Reasons why Sechs Kies Ko Jiyong left the entertainment industry + participated in TOTOGA


Ko Jiyong's post after a few years of Sechs Kies' disbandment:
"Hello, I'm Ko Jiyong... When I was 20, my sunbae told me that your 20's years pass very fast. At that time, I didn't feel anything. But after experiencing it, it did pass extremely fast... I didn't even do anything... Now that I'm in my mid-20's, I'm starting to be worried. It feels like a few months ago when I had my 22th birthday party with you guys... It's been 2 years already. I even feel sorry for you guys... and thank you so much for waiting for me for 3 years... You're also amazing.... Haha, I'm kidding. I'm very sorry that my stubbornness made you wait and get bored... I have some good news. In this fall, I'll have a nice start with a project. I recently chose my company... I signed under Player Entertainment which my favorite sunbaes Lee Byung Hun and Lee Jung Jae are associated. I'm starting to be hopeful. Please wait for me a bit... I'll get a chance to pay back to you guys. Lastly, I want to celebrate my birthday since this will be my last birthday as a jobless person... ㅋ I'm gonna drink up with my friends and die.. ^^ Thank you so much and I'll hold a meeting soon. Thank you for reading my poor writing. It's been a while since I've written stuff so I don't even know if I got all spellings correct. Please understand me and bye..."

P.S: Once again, I'm only posting on Ko Jiyong.com so I'm worried that my other fansites might get upset... If you're not a member of this fansite, please understand me again...^^ Guys, your 20's years pass really fast... Run hard for your future.

-
A comment I wrote before could explain a bit:


-

Pann: The reason why Sechs Kies Ko Jiyong left the entertainment industry

1. [+156, -2] His career was blocked by his ex-company for sure, so dirty ㅋㅋ Eun Jiwon said on Infinity Challenge that they sold 500K of physical sales but their company called them a flop.

2. [+114, -0] Someone blocked him ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+96, -0] I can see his kind personality from his writing ㅠㅠ

4. [+64, -1] As a Sechs Kies fan from the era, let me say something to the comment that says, "Singers sold 2M at that time, 500K was a flop." It's still a reach to say selling 2M was easy in the late 90's. HOT sold around 1M and singers like Jo Sung Mo could sell 2M. Sechs Kies never sold more than 1M officially, but there's a reason behind. If you google Sechs Kies physical sales, you'll find that DSP earned a ton by under-reporting the physical sales of Sechs Kies. Eun Jiwon said it was the only time that Sechs Kies beat HOT. Their 3.5 album was a hit with Couple but the trash DSP reported the physical sales as 4~500K. Their first and second albums sold 900K ㅋㅋ Since their third album, their physical sales shrunk down to 4~500K. The company even told the members that they flopped because they only sold 500K. The company is insane. Sechs Kies fans had enough of DSP's bullshit and when their disbandment was announced, they tried to destroy the CEO's car which turned out to be Jo Young Goo's car instead. Anyways, talking about physical sales is really hurtful to Sechs Kies fans, so please stop calling them a flop with their 500K result. The company was really trashy.

5. [+36, -0] I think he was very hurt... Poor him ㅠㅠ

6. [+31, -0] Ko Jiyong was cast in a drama 'Cool' but it got cancelled ㅠㅠ Ugh, the company has no solution.

7. [+28, -0] It's because his company was a fucking asshole ㅠㅠ

8. [+22, -0] He wasn't in a good company. I'm not from the era of Sechs Kies but I know Sechs Kies songs like Couple, Pom Sang Pom Sa, etc and I know all the members. I saw a new side of Sechs Kies on Infinity Challenge. Ko Jiyong seemed really nice ㅠㅠ He must've struggled so hard...

9. [+21, -0] I feel really bad for him. He must've felt like the sky was falling apart...

10. [+19, -0] His ex-company blocked him. It's a common thing that happens when a celebrity changes their company... Considering Ko Jiyong's personality and family background, he wouldn't have stayed in the entertainment industry and see all these corruptions.

=



Ko Jiyong: "I wish after Infinity Challenge, the members would be able to promote more. It's not related to myself though..."



-

Pann: The reason why Ko Jiyong participated in TOTOGA

1. [+128, -2] His face and consideration are so cool ㅠㅠ Oppa, I hope your income rises ㅎㅎ

2. [+120, -1] Hul... His smile in the last gif is so cute ㅠㅠ

3. [+106, -1] He seems like a nice person ㅠㅠ It was a hard decision, thank you for appearing on the show ㅠㅠ

4. [+42, -1] I can never forget the visuals of Ko Jiyong and Click B's Yoo Ho Seok

5. [+41, -3] He wanted to become an actor and even signed under a famous actor company. But DSP kept blocking him so he couldn't do anything and was disillusioned about the entertainment industry. He went overseas to study and started a business. Is it also true that DSP manager beat up the members a lot? I heard that they didn't even have a contract and the CEO called the members when he was drinking at night. It's fortunate that DSP can't claim the rights for the name of Sechs Kies, but the members only earned 200 million won for 3 years ㅡㅡ These days, companies invest money on trainees for years but Sechs Kies was quickly formed and they debuted after months of training. They didn't even get proper pay ㅡㅡ Eun Jiwon, Jaeduk, and Jang Suwon still participated in a recent DSP event, they're saints.

6. [+40, -0] Section TV idiots. Ko Jiyong is a non-celebrity but they revealed where his company is. Ko Jiyong could sue them, they're hopeless.

Back To Top