K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

'Descendants of the Sun' is cringe-worthy?


Pann: Am I the only one who can't watch Descendants of the Sun because it's childish?

1. [+369, -31] Hul, me too ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I thought I was weird

2. [+347, -30] I was flipping through the channels and I watched it for a bit. Song Joongki and Song Hye Kyo made me cringe so hard ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I didn't even find him handsome because it was so cringe-worthy. But it gets high ratings, I guess a lot of people like it.

3. [+287, -28] Yes, especially yesterday's episode... They were acting as drunk people and Song Joongki and Song Hye Kyo both looked really cringe-worthy.

4. [+135, -171] Then don't watch it. I don't understand why you have to post this.

5. [+119, -6] I also can't stand this writer's works. Her previous works The Heirs, Secret Garden, and others were really popular but I couldn't watch any of them because I cringed. I checked them out because people liked them but I couldn't continue to watch ㅠㅠ I felt like I was watching fictions written by young girls. But everybody has different opinions. People that like this genre will like it.

6. [+116, -21] I also don't watch it. It's really childish and low quality. My friends kept telling me to watch it, so I sat through episode 1 and 2. I almost threw up. I think it was the second episode. Song Hye Kyo could've just said to Song Joongki, "I don't think you and I match." Instead, she was like, "You act up to your belief by killing someone, but I act up to my belief by saving someone." She was saying such a nonsense to sugarcoat her words, it made me want to throw up. This drama looks fancy on the outside, but if you open the lid, there's nothing inside. I'm serious! My friends kept telling me it gets better after episode 6. They told me the drama upgrades through humanism. So I sat through the episodes but humanism, my ass... Old medical dramas like Behind the White Tower and Surgeon Bong Dalhee had better humanism. This is nothing but a cringe-worthy romance drama.

7. [+99, -6] Fuck, I'm so happy to see someone like me ㅠㅠ Everybody's into this drama these days and I'm always like -_- I don't like dramas in general. But when I do watch one, I only watch stuff like Signal. I still found it cringe-worthy when they said, "What is on this woman's neck?" in Signal.

8. [+88, -4] I don't think Song Hye Kyo and Song Joongki match at all ㅠㅠ Song Hye Kyo looks too old for him. Since I was young, I've always thought of her as a goddess but they don't match. Their lines are also cringe-worthy. They're trying to make legendary lines and every line sounds too dramatic.

9. [+85, -1] Kim Eun Sook writer's works are like an adult version of online fictions ㅋㅋ It started to be cringe-worthy since Secret Garden and it hit its peak with The Heirs. I don't watch Descendants of the Sun other than its short clips so I don't know much about it. The writer likes dramatic cringe-worthy lines. "Do I like you?" "Since when were you so pretty, Gil Raim?"

10. [+83, -2] In the first episode, I stopped watching it when Song Hye Kyo was saying, "good, good" as she was watching the CCTV. Way too cringe-worthy ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Back To Top