The spirit of the age - irrational society is reflected in films
Eg) Veteran, Assassination
B-level culture - awkwardness is the charm & as fun as A-level
Eg) Yoo Byung Jae, Jang Soo Won
Cooking shows & chefs
Eg) Baek Jong Won, etc
Retro - the good old days
Eg) Reply series, TOTOGA
Music shows - rediscovery of singers
Eg) Mask Best Singer, Hidden Singer, Unpretty Rapstar, Show Me The Money
Article: '2015's pop culture' in 5 key words
Source: Kyunghyang via Naver
1. [+524, -10] 2015 is ending soon. It was eventful.
2. [+345, -7] The year is ending when I'm just starting to get used to it
3. [+303, -11] Happy new year
4. [+230, -10] I wish good things for 2016...
5. [+193, -14] Looking back, it pisses me off more...
6. [+20, -1] This year's shows were either singing or cooking
7. [+22, -3] Am I the only one who thinks variety shows are too boring nowadays? It feels like it went back to 10 years ago. The peak of variety shows was 2008~2009. It was provocative, harsh, and funny. Infinity Challenge was at its peak and I watched every episode of Running Man, 1N2D, Radio Star, and Knee Drop Guru. But there's nothing to watch these days. All they do now is cooking and eating and I don't find it funny at all. Talk shows and reality shows are busy hyping their guests up and talking nonsense. So boring!!!
8. [+14, -1] I'm sick of cooking shows