Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Enes warns, "a nation will struggle if the language struggles"
1. [+6085, -106] Enes is a cool person
2. [+4636, -93] Do people actually call a father-in-law by #G? Wasn't it just an exaggeration from a journalist on Hangul Day? Then is a mother-in-law 셤니?
3. [+3998, -73] That's so true... Enes is cool
4. [+3714, -68] He's really like a Korean. He's cool because he tells a lot of good stories with logics. I can't even say stuff like that but a foreigner can...ㅠㅠ
5. [+3151, -62] Korea's best invention is hangul... The linguists worldwide admitted that hangul is the best characters of humans... We're allowed to be proud of this aspect, at least. The lingua franca is English but nothing can beat the perfection of hangul
6. [+677, -11] Honestly, they should've moved Ausniel forward when they changed the seats. I think the MCs cut him off when he talks because he's young... Gerniel used to talk well but he didn't talk much after he moved backwards
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Takuya gets his seat upgraded by his fans' requests... 'grins'
1. [+3518, -74] This man is quite fine
2. [+3019, -62] Takuya is cute ㅋㅋㅋ I like how his looks and his screen time got better
3. [+2305, -61] So handsome
4. [+368, -9] Please take care of Australian Daniel. Those who talk a lot should seat at the end
5. [+340, -12] Hm, so the popular ones moved forward and the unpopular ones were pushed back? This is so-so
6. [+295, -6] The two Daniels got pushed to the end ㅠㅠ
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' 3MCs leave in the middle of a discussion without a word... why?
1. [+1508, -9] No one cared when they left ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ I'm dying ㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+1490, -5] What's funny is that it's foreigners that are fighting over Korea's issues ㅋㅋㅋ This situation is so funny ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+1265, -7] It's because the MCs got so much hate and were told not to interfere ㅋㅋ
4. [+969, -32] The MCs are good but it'd be funny to have a discussion with only G11 ㅋㅋ
5. [+837, -9] Alberto ㅋㅋ
6. [+158, -2] They said exactly what I wanted to say. There are many foreigners here but a plenty of them can't even speak a word in Korean. I want to say this to them, "if there's no Korean who can speak English, then you're the same as a speech-impaired person. Not just Korea, but if you're going to go to other country to live there, shouldn't you at least be able to speak several sentences?" I should learn English to say this to them
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Alberto, "Chinese and Korean people have such differing reactions to Westerners and English"
"When a Westerner talks to a Chinese person, the Chinese person responds in Chinese. If the Westerner doesn't understand, the Chinese just speaks Chinese louder"
"But Koreans all speak English to Westerners. Foreigners take it easy because they can talk in English to Koreans. Koreans are being generous because they're friendly but the foreigners might not find the need to learn Korean. This is a problem to those who are trying to learn the language."
1. [+432, -9] Our country needs to speak Korean. Don't be embarrassed when a foreigner approaches you. If you can speak English, then you can help them out. But some foreigners don't even see why they have to learn Korean because they think English is priority
2. [+394, -7] I'm going to answer only in Korean if a foreigner asks me for directions. It's not like I can speak other languages anyways
3. [+206, -6] The part where they play 'shouting in the silence' is edited out... I think the filming time is quite long
4. [+33, -3] It's true. Why do we have to feel pressured to speak English to foreigners in our country... If they're travelling, then they should've learnt simple phrases at least. Koreans speak English in other countries and also in our country... What are we? Global idiots?
5. [+25, -3] I used to watch Abnormal Summit for the fun aspect only but this show portrays a lot of things... What Alberto said is completely right. Thankfully, he put it in a good way and said we're being generous because we're friendly. But it's the reality of how our country is too caught up with English... The reality is that the ones who lived aboard are more higher in the society when they can't even speak their mother tongue properly
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Guillaume, "young Canadians get their spellings wrong on SNS for 90% of the time"
1. [+155, -3] Abnormal Summit is funny but I also learn a lot from it. Just like Yoo Se Yoon said, it's a reality version of Far Countries, Near Countries ㅋㅋ
2. [+110, -3] There are also pathetic kids in our country who uses shortened terms and emoticons in official documents. People must educate their kids well when they're young so that the kids would know when they can use slangs
3. [+105, -3] Our country also needs to learn and love domestic things. I don't understand the people who say Korean sounds old-fashioned when they're naming products. Then are we using an old-fashioned language? Love Korean!