K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

[Abnormal Summit Ep.6] Criticisms on the show



Article: 'Abnormal Summit' talked about Korea, what was dangerous?




This week's Abnormal Summit talked about friendships, Korea's "rank culture", salaryman life in Korea, "회식" (dinner/drinks with co-workers), and etc.


=====


1. [+12898, -1218] Sung Si Kyung's face and voice are so annoying when he tries to teach others

2. [+8499, -454] I was uncomfortable with Sung Si Kyung for the whole episode

3. [+7991, -450] Can Sung Si Kyung just stay quiet? I changed the channel because it was frustrating

4. [+7010, -282] Korea's culture of army-like rank is a huge damage in our society. I don't understand how this show values when it's busy defending the rank culture. Even murders are happening in the military because of the army ranks. The MC who never worked as a salaryman is even promoting the rank culture because he's aged

5. [+3738, -46] I felt bad for Julian. Julian's opinions weren't wrong, they were just different...

6. [+3057, -35] I even felt sympathetic for Julian. This show is supposed to show us 11 different cultures from the foreign members but all I remember now is "our country's 회식 culture is the best". Sung Si Kyung and Jun Hyun Moo need to stop quieting the foreigners and the MCs need to control the atmosphere

7. [+3056, -40] I felt so fresh when Julian couldn't take it anymore and told Sung Si Kyung that SSK was making him mad ㅋㅋㅋ Ah Sung Si Kyung is such a tiring person, seriously


-


Nate Article:

1. [+302, -21] Can they change Takuya's seat? He barely talks because his seat is way at the end ㅠㅠ Someone with good speaking skills like Enes should sit at the end...

2. [+281, -32] Jo Se Ho doesn't know when to stop. It's a talk show but he was dancing and the foreigners had to react to that. It looked like a low-quality show. The guests should guest like Jang Dong Min and Shin Hae Chul... Jo Se Ho took the most screen time, he joined the discussion after taking a dump, and Sung Si Kyung asked Julian if he didn't know what devotion was ㅋㅋ 

3. [+276, -27] Did Jo Se Ho not watch Abnormal Summit? He thinks this is Radio Star. He's busy getting his own screen time so he looked nervous when others were talking ㅋㅋ And the editing was a mess, too... I watched it until the end to be loyal but...

4. [+61, -1] Today was the worst episode. I want to hear from 11 countries but the show was defending Korea too much. It was like giving excuses, "Korea is like this and that, so you should understand". It wasn't like this on the first episode but I realized a lot when they were talking about "회식" I also think they don't need guests. They can just bring a topic and discuss about it. Why do they need guests? Jo Se Ho was trying hard because he's paid but I don't think he blended in the show

5. [+57, -2] It wasn't like this on the first episodes but I'm starting to notice that the foreign members are being careful. I can't help but get disappointed with Sung Si Kyung every episode. Why is he trying to teach others? He has no qualifications as an MC. Shouldn't he center the show on the foreigners and let them talk instead of brainwashing his own opinions?

6. [+53, -1] Get rid of the guest system... No need. And MCs need to talk less, why do they talk so much? And if the foreigners are showing that they're faking on the show, then they should be fired. I think Zhang Yuan's direct statement of "I hate Japan" is even better... They're starting to be fake on the show...

7. [+49, -11] What I really felt is that they need someone who can control the atmosphere...

8. [+45, -2] I waited for a week to watch this but I feel bad because it's getting negative responses... And I feel even more bad because I agree with them ㅠㅠ I think they're monitoring the responces. I think the foreign members need to be given the right to talk fully. Sung Si Kyung should leave the show...

9. [+44, -5] "Devotion", my ass ㅋㅋ Hyum Si Kyung has heard of a salaryman life only from his friends and books but why does he pretend like he knows everything? People must've thought he worked as a salaryman for 20 years or something. He's been a celebrity since his university years but he has so much bullshit to say. Did he really say that salarymans attend 회식 just because of friendship? Hah, people attend 회식 because they don't want to be mistreated by upper co-workers and they have to forcibly drink alcohol and it gets dragged for 2, 3rd round. You're released until you have girls by your side. This is what a real 회식 is. If he doesn't know about it, then he should shut up. And you're the MC, not a guest. You should be neutral and listen to the foreigners but you're forcing on your own opinions. Why are you even the MC? Just be one of the members, then. He ignores others with his Korea University pride and he thinks others are wrong if their opinions are different from his ㅋㅋㅋ Just leave the show, you have no solutions

10. [+44, -4] I think Tyler should host the show. Sung Si Kyung cuts the flow and he doesn't approve others' opinions, he's not suited for the MC. I was interested when Tyler was talking about a formal language in English but it got cut off... It was like a low-quality show and I didn't even get to hear much from G11. It's frustrating. I was waiting for G11, not the guests. 


Back To Top