K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Number of grade 12 students continues to decrease in Korea


Number of new university students: 490K
Grade 12 students in 2018: 570K
Grade 12 students in 2019: 510K
Grade 12 students in 2020: 450K

Pann: Declination of the numbers of grade 12 students

1. [+166, -10] Honestly, I think Korea is way too overpopulated so it's fine for the population to decrease. But the problem is that the number of seniors is too high...

2. [+147, -8] Maybe it's because I was born in the 90's but I feel so bad for those who were born in the early~mid 90's. My generation was taught that not going to university would ruin our lives so we went to university but there's no merit, no employment, and no benefits in later years.

3. [+96, -19] At least they should be happy... The population is way too big right now.

4. [+39, -1] People think the declination of students would lead to less competition but if there are less students in university, the school will face financial difficulties, the quality of education will go down, and the universities will shut down eventually. It'll be even more hell... Less kids and more seniors mean that there will be more taxes required to support all the seniors. This is what the government is worried about. Once the population is declined and we're in an aging society, it'll be hard for the seniors but the young people will be in serious hell.

5. [+27, -5] I feel so bad for 97'ers and 98'ers... People born between 90~00 have to live extremely competitively. Should I run away to another country?

6. [+25, -0] I just hope we would be able to choose euthanize ourselves when we reach a certain age. I won't get married, I won't have children, and I will live alone. If I start getting sick, have no one to take care of me, and run out of money, I don't think I'd want to live. Even if it's not a serious disease, I want to be given a choice to euthanize myself. Being young gives you the freedom to try anything so the choice should be given at a later age.

7. [+21, -0] When the 90's babies are trying to get hired, it's the crisis of unemployment. When they're settled in their jobs, it'll be labor shortage.

8. [+21, -0] This must be why the online teachers are moving on to become public servants ㅋㅋㅋ It's just hard for the people born in the early 90's to live ㅠㅠ

9. [+19, -0] Our country's problem is that the land is too small ㅋㅋㅋㅋ We have to survive by working non-stop. You're dumb if you're glad about the declination of young people. There's nothing good about the population decreasing because these young people will have to pay more taxes to feed the seniors.

10. [+16, -0] When I was in school, 2 children per household was the minimum and people went "wow~" if you were an only child. But now people don't even care if you're an only child ㅠㅠ

Back To Top