K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Daniel aka Gerniel says he's quitting Instagram due to its bad influence on personal life


"After considering it for a long time, I decided to quit Instagram. I made this decision because Instagram has been a bad influence on my personal life. I found myself constantly checking videos, number of my followers, and photos I'm tagged in. I decided to use Facebook only. My Facebook account is open so feel free to come and comment. That's my Facebook page. Thank you."

-

Article: 'Gerniel' Daniel, "After considering it for a long time... I decided to quit SNS"

Source: Herald Pop via Nate

1. [+1198, -18] Good decision...

2. [+892, -25] That's cool of Daniel~

3. [+835, -21] Supporting your wise decision, Gerniel!!

4. [+52, -1] Cyworld was the best social media for personal life. You could choose who can read your posts and you could only share things with your friends.

5. [+46, -3] I always felt tired by the information and exposure on social media. I closed my account, too. After being liberated from SNS, I felt like I found my true self. What's funny is that my social media wasn't a popular platform but I hated myself for caring about the small audience. Instead of sharing your life with fake pictures and posts, meet people in real life and communicate with eye contacts and feelings.

6. [+45, -1] It's the best to stay off of social media unless it's for a specific purpose. Words create rumors and rumors create targets. Celebrities need a place to communicate but for others, it's only gonna make them suffocate. There's a group of haters who are always ready to take a bait. Always be careful on what you say and what you do.

7. [+42, -0] Daniel said he's going to quit Instagram, not SNS. What's wrong with the journalist?

8. [+39, -2] I miss Cyworld... Writing on each other's wall, writing diaries, liking others' photos... I wonder why they shut down.

9. [+35, -2] Once you're on Facebook, you can easily waste hours on it...

10. [+34, -2] I agreed when he said he was going to quit Instagram because of the negative influence of social media but then he said he's going to use Facebook only, what???

Back To Top