Article: 'Fruit hallyu' boom in Vietnam
Source: Kyunghyang via Nate
(Exported Korean agrifoods reached the highest in the first half of 2018, which was increased by 28% within a year.)
1. [+781, -16] My foreign friend told me Korean pears and strawberries taste really good.
2. [+699, -29] For summer, watermelon is the best... You can't find watermelons like this anywhere else.
3. [+473, -13] I remember how Japanese curling players Fujisa and Satsuki said they liked Korean strawberries and they got so much hate from Japanese right-wingers. Those right-wingers are being jealous and claim they're Japanese strawberries.
4. [+34, -0] Mangoes are on a whole new level in Southeast Asia ㅠㅠ
5. [+31, -0] If fruit hallyu actually happens, all Korean fruits will be exported and Koreans will have to pay much more for fruits ㅠㅠ This isn't good, it only benefits the middle-sellers ㅠㅠ
6. [+22, -2] Korean strawberries, watermelons, pears, and apples are a top class in the world. You can't compete.
7. [+19, -2] Vietnam is also a fruit heaven. Their fruits are sweeter and cheaper. They import Korean apples and strawberries but it's better to pay $1 and buy their durians or watermelons instead.
8. [+18, -2] The strawberries in the picture look really unappetizing.