Seohee (American Ballet Theater)
Park Se Eun (Paris Opera Ballet), Kim Kimin (Mariinsky Ballet), Seohee
Article: K-ballet captures the world... 3 hits of body, education, and spirit
Source: Yeonhap via Naver
1. [+1671, -24] The country didn't do anything. It's their parents' work.
2. [+616, -20] I think the rivalry between the head of Korean National Ballet Choi Taeji and the head of Universal Ballet Moon Hoonsook played a role as well. We don't know the details but I've been reading newspapers for 20~30 years and these two people are the root. Head Choi Taeji, who is a gyopo, put a lot of effort into educating hoobaes. She sent the members of Korean National Ballet to international ballet contests and they got good results. So they became major ballet dancers and Korean National Ballet became a high-level ballet association. Seeing this, head Moon Hoonsook also worked hard in educating hoobaes. Park Se Eun was also scouted at Choi Taeji's elementary school ballet camp. Park Se Eun was the worst dancer because she started ballet the latest but Choi Taeji saw through her talent. She still goes around the country and teaches ballet for free.
3. [+502, -13] What's the point of being top dancers when they only promote overseas because there's no domestic scene? There needs to be a stage for ballet dancers and the audience. We can say the ballet culture is truly developed only when we have top foreign ballet dancers wanting to promote in Korea.
4. [+200, -9] It's hard to become that big by individual talent only. Korean National Ballet and Universal Ballet competed against each other and adopted Russian professors' works. It resulted in the increase in quality and the students were able to improve properly. It was 20 years ago when Kim Jiyoung and Kim Yonggul caused a ballet boom in Korea. The ones in the article are the next generation. 25 years ago, the domestic ballet group wasn't even able to follow Swan Lake but now they can pull off new European choreographs. Good results just follow automatically.
5. [+41, -0] We're good at everything now. All we need is politicians acting good.
6. [+36, -0] I don't think education counts as one of the 3 hits. Music, arts, and performances are all learned by money. Artists can only cry.
7. [+22, -3] So cool, Park Se Eun-ssi~
8. [+13, -1] There's even 'K-ballet'? It would've been a big problem if our country was spelled Corea in English ㅋㅋ