Article: Hiphop-EDM festivals rising... Rock-Jazz festivals on the decline
Source: Donga Ilbo via Naver
1. [+255, -14] We needs to get rid of useless festivals. There are too many of them.
2. [+225, -13] The popularity of rock is declining worldwide. It could be a good chance to cast major rock bands but they're closing down the festivals, how sad. I hope Pentaport does a big one this time.
3. [+171, -14] It's boring because it's the same repetoire everywhere. And there are too many rock festivals.
4. [+123, -54] The majority of rock festival audience is there to enjoy the atmosphere, not to listen to the rock music.
5. [+53, -16] Rock is dead. I'm a fan of Blink 182 but the rock market is dead, especially in Korea.
6. [+36, -1] Is Korean hip-hop really hip-hop? They're just posers.
7. [+32, -1] Last year, Pentaport and Jisan festivals had really weak line-ups. They could've had just one major band to attract audience. Still, I don't want rock festivals to disappear.
8. [+21, -3] Hip-hop? More like idiots trying hard. It doesn't even suit Asians!
9. [+17, -1] The only important aspect of music festivals is good line-up. Our country relies on neighboring countries' line-ups so we don't have a unique line-up and the number of rock musicians that fans like isn't big, either. That's the problem.
10. [+16, -2] There's a lack of popular rock musicians. Unlike the 80's and 90's, there's no major musicians. Metallica is aging. Young kids these days don't listen to rock. BTS won the music award, the generation is changing.