Events with no pay:
Yangjaecheon cherry blossom festival - no pay
Jonggak shopping mall stage - no pay
Hongdae shopping mall stage - no pay
Ilsan beach stage - no pay
Yangpyeong cherry blossom festival - no pay
Icheon ceramic festival - $10 for transportation
Events with non-money pay:
Outlet mall stage - $30 gift card
Lotte World cafe stage - drinks
Gangnam hotel stage - hotel voucher
Screen baseball cafe stage - screen baseball voucher, chicken, etc.
Restaurant stage - $50 gift card
Pub stage - $59 gift card
Article: Paying indie bands is done by chicken/coffee
Source: Hankyung via Nate
1. [+147, -1] Performers are also humans that have to survive... Paying them properly is the minimum right they deserve.
2. [+89, -2] I'm sure the event holders took all the money themselves, assholes.
3. [+66, -0] I've also studied music. People should never go to those places. If you keep going there, there will be more unpaid performances. You have to stop going so that they'll pay the artists.
4. [+11, -1] Might as well have homeless people perform. Paying indie bands with chicken and coffee is literally treating the indie bands as homeless. Even if the indie band is unknown, they should be paid the minimum wage at least.
5. [+10, -0] I also used to be in a band. We were asked to perform at Vans. They said the pay will be $150 per member. We performed really excitedly and we were told to take shoes worth of $150. We took the shoes and went home.
6. [+9, -1] Looking down on indie bands... They might be unpopular but they should be paid for the arts... That way, the bands can grow and produce good music.