Article: [Exclusive] "No more 2nd Somi..." SM-JYP-YG all opt out of 'Produce 48'
Source: Sports Choson via Nate
1. [+568, -10]
The characteristic of Produce show:
Before: They say they're not gonna watch it because it's stupid
Show begins: They still say the show is unlikeable but they secretly listen to the theme song because it's catchy
After weeks: They pick a bias and ask others to vote for their bias on SNS
Show ends: They stan the debut group hard
2. [+512, -11] We Got Married and this show are similar. People hate them yet they enjoy them.
3. [+412, -8] Everything aside, SM, JYP, and YG have no reason to be on the show. The show is for desperate trainees and small companies to media-play. For SM, JYP, and YG, their debuts get enough attention from the start.
4. [+15, -3] I think they should just end it here. I don't think it'll be as fun.
5. [+8, -1] The rumors that say CJ is dominated by Japanese must be true... It's so obvious that they're trying to hype up untalented Japanese kids who can only do aegyo instead of singing, dancing, or bringing concepts. If SM, YG, and JYP are not participating, then the domestic trainees will be lower quality and those kids will compete against the Japanese kids. Then the domestic fans will be divided and the loli-like Japanese kids will attract a certain fandom, which could lead to more loli stuff to Korean idols... I really don't understand why they're putting Japanese kids here. Is this a Korean show or a Japanese show? I'm watching my TV at my place but I'm gonna be watching Japanese idols riding on hallyu and getting overseas exposure. A lot of CJ shareholders must be Japanese...
6. [+8, -1] SM will release a new girl group. JYP will do Sixteen 2. Mnet hates YG.