Article: Netmarble invests 200 billion won in 'Bangtan'... Bang-Bang brothers step up to conquest the global market
Source: Money Today via Naver
The chairman of Netmarble Bang Joon Hyuk and the CEO of Big Hit Bang Si Hyuk are relatives. Netmarble invested 201.4 billion won into Big Hit, buying 25.71% worth of Big Hit's share and becoming the second biggest shareholder of the company. The two companies hope to collaborate BTS and the gaming contents to target the global market. Bang Joon Hyuk mentioned there were plans to create a cinematic game 'BTS World' by using promotional videos of 'BTS'.
1. [+120, -1] MoneyMarble... Do I have to say more?
2. [+97, -2] The Bangs are trying to step up using BTS ㅋㅋ
3. [+73, -2] Netmarble is gonna suck money out of us by encouraging us to buy items to advance BTS characters.
4. [+68, -2] 20% for 200 billion... And they're relatives... Oh my god
5. [+43, -4] I skimmed the financial statements. It's not a new investment, Netmarble just bought some of other investors' shares. They can then use BTS' global brand and Big Hit can have 75% of shares. They can pretty much do anything.
6. [+7, -1] Bang Si Hyuk's share is worth of 400 billion now. He surpassed Lee Soo Man, Yang Hyun Suk, and Park Jin Young.