Anonymous post on the Facebook page of Hankuk University of Foreign Studies
A professor who never came to class on time for the entire semester gave me B+ due to my attendance. What do you think? ㅎㅎ I'm also at fault for coming to class late. However, I find it unfair that a professor being late for 30 min ~ an hour is OK but when I happened to come to class later than him, it affected my grade ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He was late for an hour when it was the first day of the semester... I'm not lying. He sent us a Katalk message that said if a professor is late to class for more than 20 minutes, the class is automatically cancelled. With that, he made us wait for him for the entire semester. And now he deducted my grade for my attendance, I'm so speechless...
A: The thing about class getting cancelled after 20 minutes is just an unspoken rule among students, not an actual thing. Right?
B: Um... I'm actually the one who sent this post. Everything aside, isn't it too much that he was late for more than 20 minutes everyday ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It was Aurelien's class.
A: Yes... After writing my comment, I got reminded of the French class ㅋㅋㅋㅋ You should file a complaint to the school board.
B: I read that a part-time professor can't get their contract renewed if they get bad reviews. That's why I didn't complain. I regret it so much... With this crap he gave me.
A: Someone who's always late gave a penalty to someone for being late. It's like the penalty wasn't for being late, it was for coming later than him. The standard was subjective, I'd say... My grade isn't even B, it's C ^^
B: Exactly ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Subjective standard... The prof should be on time first before any of this ^^
Blog post #1
Ah... I was OK with getting C's in other classes but how can Aurelien give me B+ ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He was never on time for the entire semester. I was late a few times and he deducted my grade for that... Speechless... Dumbfounded... It was OK for him to be late for an hour but me being late for an hour was a reason to get my grade deducted??? Double standards.
Blog post #2
1. It's true that for the entire semester, there wasn't a day where Aurelien came to class on time.
Student: "Is the class cancelled today?"
Aurelien: "Kkk, no. I'm late ^^;;; I have to print something."
2. It's definitely my fault that I was late to class. But what's the standard for being late? Is it late if I arrive after the prof? That's subjective, not objective. Normally, among us students, we consider that the class is cancelled if the prof doesn't show up in the first 20 minutes. He was late for an hour on the first day of school but we continued the class without complaining. I think that was enough tolerance from us.
3. I think I was the first one to complain publicly, but Aurelien being late to class is already infamous among the students... There are other accounts that say he was never on time. And I have nothing against the other student who took the same class as me. There were only two students in Aurelien's class and that was me and the other student. Our levels were clearly different so I think I have the right to complain about it. I'm not bragging but my French was more fluent than the other student. I'm not demanding A+ from Aurelien. I'm just questioning if a professor who was always late to class has a right to grade students for their attendance. Does he have the right when he was even late on the day of final exam? The dean already knows about this issue and there's no reason for me to get criticized.
Another student in Aurelien's class
"I also read the Facebook post. I think any other professor would've deducted the grade the same way for being late ㅎㅎ He was a fair person overall ㅋㅋㅋ His class was good and he gave us printed documents everyday. It's rare for profs to do that. His class is always popular. I asked him questions on Katalk and email and he responded right away. I personally really enjoyed his class~"
Instiz: A student who wrote about Aurelien being late to class on Facebook posted on their blog
- Huh... The student was more late than the prof who was also late... They don't have the right to complain ㅋㅋㅋ
- The student being late aside, how can a professor come late everyday? Even late for an hour?
- If a professor is coming late for the entire semester, shouldn't he be expelled?
- It's right to deduct the student's grade for being late but the prof being late... He's the prof though...
- My friend is currently an exchange student in France. Apparently, none of the professors come on time and they always end the class early.