Pann: Idol groups that survived out of 42 groups debuted in 2012
(EXO, BAP, VIXX, BTOB, EXID, AOA)
1. [+145, -9] I've seen BTOVIXX since they debuted so I know how hard they struggled ㅠㅠ I hope they do better. For me, BTOB has the best vocals and VIXX has the best concepts ㅠㅠ
2. [+96, -1] In 2012 alone, 42 idol groups debuted. If we include all groups that disappeared without a broadcast appearance, there's more... Honestly, it's successful enough that they're still promoting and releasing albums after debuting in 2012.
3. [+87, -20] 2012 was slayed by PSY
4. [+76, -17] EXO was called SM's first flopped group and they used to perform at elementary schools. After a year, they won #1 for the first time and rose to a group that's breaking records. They had 3 traitors, a lot of dating rumors, and they get hate all the time but they're still stable. I'm not a debut fan but I'm so proud. EXO saranghaja <3
5. [+68, -1] The common thing between those groups is that they were nugus when they debuted. It must've been hard for them since there were 42 groups... They became popular step by step. I'm so proud of them and I hope they have a good future ahead of them. I wish the best for VIXX and all groups!
Pann: The common feature between 2012 debut groups
(EXO, BAP, BTOB, VIXX, AOA, and EXID had a hard time to get popular)
1. [+204, -9] It still tears me up to think they did shuffle dance in front of elementary school kids. How can you say they had it easy? How can you ignore their effort?
2. [+202, -8] Ah~ So EXO did shuffle dance at an elementary school thanks to SM's full support~ Oh~
3. [+201, -5] When EXO debuted, they performed at a rice festival event in Chungju, got rice, and came back to Seoul on a small carnival. They sang their debut song at an elementary school and started from the bottom. From 2012 to 2015, they rode on 2 carnivals and finally got their first van in 2016. You don't know how toughly SM raised EXO. Since they were trainees, they went to volunteer to deliver coal to a shelter, wore bracelets for comfort women, attended events to sponsor for ALS, donated blood, joined RCY volunteer group and still volunteer until this day. I don't understand why people say EXO got popular easily. You guys were calling them a flop, and now they're too popular? They even had a long hiatus.
4. [+38, -0] Honestly, GFriend and Twice debuted in the right time. GFriend doesn't even have a visual member that can be promoted but their company gives them good songs and their slippery stage was issued. This is why they were able to get popular, which means that if they bring a bad song, they could flop instantly.
5. [+30, -0] In 2012, EXO was a rival of BAP and BAP was winning all rookie awards. I was a fan but even I was nervous that EXO was flopping. And their 1-year hiatus was so tiring ㅋㅋ They were preparing Wolf comeback during that year. Honestly, it seems that they were also preparing Overdose in advance. You can't ignore their effort.