Kwon Oh Joong: "I think not everybody needs to do well on studying. I don't force my son to study because he doesn't like studying. He's always been the worst student since elementary school, but he has the most volunteer hours. When we fill gas at a gas station, he enjoys filling the gas. I asked him, "Do you want to work at a gas station?" If he wants to, I'll let him. What he enjoys is more important than studying. Most parents tend to think, "My child doesn't have values, so I have to lead them." This thought kills the child. We must trust our children and respect their decisions. The only role of parents is to provide experiences for children."
Pann: Education system that is never accepted in Korea
1. [+344, -10] It's accepted if the family is rich
2. [+339, -14] It's because he's a celebrity and rich. Since he's rich, he doesn't have worry about his son lacking education and not studying because he won't starve. If his son is a non-celebrity, he'll be a part-time worker at a gas station during his youth and when he gets old, he'll be picking up trash.
3. [+108, -52] Why not? If I have kids, I'll raise them like that.
4. [+77, -2] People say, "He's saying this because he's rich." So are you saying that poor parents are allowed to force their children to study and choose their career? It's not a relaxation of rich people, it's a virtue that parents must have.
5. [+51, -1] Kwon Oh Joong is so cool. I wish a lot of people have his mindset.
6. [+49, -2] I'm in my late 20's and that's how my parents raised me. I was a top student until grade 8. I lost interest in studying and I've been a terrible student since grade 8. My parents sent me to a cooking academy because I wanted to and they helped me obtain a license. I run a small shop currently and I decorated it cutely. It's gotten very popular, so I'm having the time of my life. If I have kids, I'll raise them like that.
7. [+41, -2] How I wish it was like Sweden or Germany
8. [+32, -6] It's easy to utter words ㅋㅋ Then why do you think parents don't actually do that?
9. [+29, -5] It doesn't make sense if you're poor. You can't even pay for your electric bills, phone bills, and can't even buy foods but you're still going to work part-time at a gas station?
10. [+28, -5] It's easy to utter. You can imagine how your child will end up if you and your child are poor and unskilled. How can you claim that you'll raise them like that?