The most famous gisaeng during Japanese colonialism, Jang Yeon Hong.
A lot of Japanese collaborators offered her money but she insisted to keep her virginity. When she turned 21, she went to Shanghai to study and she disappeared since then.
Pann: The best beauty of Chosun from 100 years ago
1. [+76, -10] Wow... Her face wouldn't be considered beautiful by modern standards but her aura is no joke. She looks very dim? She has innocence and sexiness in her face.
2. [+69, -8] Photos can't capture the exact features of the face. There was no photoshop or makeup. She must've looked slimmer and prettier in real life. I think the photos couldn't capture her beauty properly.
3. [+66, -18] I don't know why but she has strange sexiness
4. [+27, -0] These ladies are pretty, too. Interestingly, a lot of gisaengs look like female celebrities.
5. [+27, -4] I think her face was considered very beautiful by the old standards. No cheekbones, slim, clean and pale face, straight eyebrows, nice hair, thin lips, and pretty.
6. [+10, -0] She's pretty in Asian way. Round face, squint eyes, high and round nose.