K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Ex-member of controversial girl group 4L talks about her withdrawal




"[When I was in 4L], I was confused about my identity as a singer. The concept was too extreme starting from the first album, it was controversial. I didn't expect to get anything out of it. It was very hard because I felt like it didn't suit me. I didn't want to do this anymore, so I thought staying in the company would be useless. I thought of other way, and I left the group. It wasn't like the company forced me to do it, but I had to do it to survive. I was tired of the reality, and it made me consider and regret a lot."

Yeseul is debuting as a soloist after withdrawing from 4L

(old article of 4L here)

=

Instiz: Yeseul, "the reason why I left the girl group 4L? The extreme exposure was hard" (interview)

- I think she made a good choice... I hope she does well

- Those groups that promote with sexual image like her group ㅠㅠ

- The company's at fault... It's unfortunate that idols have to do sexy concept to get popular because there are too many idols

- Yeah they got so much hate for their R rated marketing ㅠㅠ Congrats on your solo debut

- Honestly, their music video was seriously bad

Back To Top