Pann: A foreigner doesn't understand Asia's rank culture
Tyler: "Zhang Yuan uses the age rank to make me do all the work" (Tyler is the maknae)
Zhang Yuan: "When Tyler is with hyungs, he's the maknae. Maknae must help the hyungs all the time. That's how people become close."
In China, Zhang Yuan said he'd cook Chinese food for them. Zhang Yuan orders them to wash vegetables, and Tyler and Julian (dongsaengs) are the only ones doing the work. Julian asks why Zhang Yuan is not doing the work.
Zhang Yuan makes Tyler do more work and doesn't participate in cooking.
Zhang Yuan and Tyler are resting at home, and they both decide to clean the house.
However, Tyler ends up cleaning the entire house.
Zhang Yuan feels sorry and decides to give strawberries, but he still makes Tyler wash the strawberries.
Tyler expresses his frustration, and Alberto volunteers to do the dishes.
Yoo Se Yoon says it's because he's the maknae, and the rank culture is evident in military and workplaces
1. [+57, -1] I was so mad when Tyler was washing the strawberries. Tyler cleaned everything, shouldn't Zhang Yuan at least wash the strawberries for him? I'm used to the rank culture but it still frustrates me. Tyler is so kind. Zhang Yuan is too much. This is not even Asian culture, he's just using the rank culture as an excuse. Our ancestors said older people have to be respected but they have to respect young people in return. They never said we can treat the maknae like a slave
2. [+48, -5] I started to dislike Zhang Yuan after watching this show. On the show, he causes all the accidents when he's taking his friends to his home. He can't do anything and still wants to be treated like a hyung. Rank culture and everything aside, he was so annoying. He yells at Julian but mumbles his words to Tyler because Tyler is smart. It's true that Asia has this rank culture but it's not as severe as Zhang Yuan. He's going over the line. I watched the show because I'm a fan of Abnormal Summit but I'm very disappointed with Zhang Yuan
3. [+37, -0] I watched it and Tyler is a total angel ㅠㅠ He's so kind, cute, and smart!
4. [+24, -1] I watched this episode and I felt uncomfortable. Zhang Yuan doesn't do anything. Tyler, Albe, and Julian were the only ones who did the work... Maybe they worked hard because their concept is to be sons, not tourists, but Tyler did the most work...
5. [+20, -0] Zhang Yuan is embarrassing China. Are Chinese people all like that? I read so many accounts of their bad personalities
6. [+18, -0] Yoo Se Yoon didn't act like him. He actually said that the rank culture happens in workplace, but he told Tyler that he didn't have to work like that because they're friends. Zhang Yuan is too much
Article: 'Where Is My Friend's Home' Julian's older sister is an international belly dancer
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+494, -7] It was really fun to watch. Julian's positive energy is from his happy family. Looking forward to the next episode. I envy them for being able to travel with good friends ㅠㅠ
2. [+444, -6] It said there are a very few belly dancers above level 4. She's amazing with good personalities
3. [+339, -10] So cool! It's jjang to be passionate about your work like that~
4. [+84, -2] I remember Sujan the most ㅋㅋ He looked like a typical tourist traveling for the first time ㅋㅋ He looked so happy and it also made me happy
5. [+70, -2] Julian was born with a lot of love. He knows how to treat elders and friends. He cries many times and is friendly, made me touched
6. [+65, -3] Her boyfriend was so handsome... He could be an actor ㅋㅋ