Pann: How companies manipulate to grow rookie groups
"Hello, I'm writing this to tell you guys a secret because anonymity is guaranteed here.
Do you know what companies do when they try to make their rookie groups popular? I'm sure some people know and some don't.
It's very strategical than you think. These days, there are so many idol groups debuting.
Even if a group is talented, they'll disappear if they don't get attention.
So what the companies do is "media-play".
The most important thing here is media-playing by the comments, including Pann and articles. If you spot good comments for a nugu group, 99% of them are from their company media-playing with various IDs.
At first, people will be skeptical of why a nugu group is getting good comments, but after a while, it brainwashes people and they'll end up thinking the group is popular.
I won't reveal the name but a girl group is currently doing this media-play. The companies use Pann the most because it's the most popular place for teenagers.
For example, on Pann posts, the post title would be a hateful title and the post would be a hateful post, but the comments would be positive and they'd be posting pretty pictures of the idols. 99% of them are posted by the company staff.
Not just nugus, but if you read the comments on Naver articles, you'll spot similar tones. The comments are talking about the idol's concert schedules and be "cheer up for the concert!" when no one even asked for that information. Those are promotional comments by the company.
I also worked for media-play. Teenagers are sensitive with others' reactions so if a group is considered to be popular, they'll gain more fans.
So called "fangirls" are very precious for the companies. At first, the company staffs media-play and manipulate the media. Once the group's fandom starts getting bigger, the fangirls will do all the work.
Teenagers, I'm currently working in the entertainment industry, but it's better to quit your fangirl life. It's such a waste of life. For the companies and singers, fans are just a money bank. Singers are only trying to take care of the fans when they say stuff like "I'm happy because of you guys, I love you..." Because they're getting money from you guys.
Instead of spending money on celebrities, spend the money for yourself. It's more beneficial for your own life.
I don't care if you believe me or not, but I'm writing this because I saw so many teenagers dedicating their lives to fangirl, and it makes me feel bad."
1. [+51, -14] I heard that a lot of EXID comments are from the company. Some of the comments are obvious on articles. On Pann, you can see a lot of media-play for Lovelyz
2. [+46, -3] There are so many manipulations, you can easily tell if you're on Pann for a long time. Immature kids are the only ones not noticing them
3. [+42, -60] The stupid fans I remember the most are SM fangirls that do the most sajaegi
4. [+32, -5] Lovelyz. In real life, I don't feel their popularity at all, but on Pann, they're treated as goddesses
5. [+27, -2] Why can't you just say it's Lovelyz~
6. [+25, -3] Obviously Lovelyz ㅋㅋ At one point, there started to be so many posts about Lovelyz on Pann ㅋㅋ
7. [+22, -0] GFriend's media-play is excessive, too
8. [+18, -6] But it's a way of marketing so we can't say it's bad. The fans would know it, too
9. [+17, -1] I got reminded of Lovelyz as soon as I read this