K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Problems of sasaengs continue



Article: Sasaeng fan's late regret of committing crimes to follow a popular group EXO





A 21-year old EXO sasaeng fan identified as Ms. Nam  committed fraud and embezzlement in order to pay for her expenses in chasing after her favorite boy band day and night. She was arrested by the Gyeonggi Police on September 5.  

Ms. Nam has been fraudulently making deals online. She would borrow camera equipment from a rental store, upload pictures, and pretend to sell the equipment at a discounted price without actually delivering the products to her customers. 

Ms. Nam has used this method 9 times and has earned 470,000 won (approx. $458 USD) as a result. The price was enticing as the camera equipment itself, which includes a notebook, DSLR camera, and lens, usually costs up to 1,100,000 won (approx. $1,073). 

Ms. Nam not only cheated her customers, she also never returned the said equipment that she borrowed.  When questioned why she committed these crimes by the police, Ms. Nam reportedly answered, "In order to follow EXO, I need money." 



=====


1. [+788, -18] There are many types of pathetic people in the world. Sasaengs are such bugs... Those hikikomori otaku's who claim to marry the pillows and say "Fate jjang" are called idiots, but at least they don't harm others. Sasaengs are worse than them. They're basically the bugs who gather at lights

2. [+571, -16] A 20-year-old should study and date, it's the age where your life blossoms. Why did she have to live a life like that? Whenever I see the words like "sasaeng" and "iljin", I remind myself to raise my kids well. I'll do my best with my kids but I still have no idea how I'll deal it if my kids become like that

3. [+530, -74] The worst type of men are ilbe bugs. The worst type of women are sasaengs

4. [+23, -9] Male idols are the most pitiful ones... They have to say stuff like "I love you dear fans~" to those psychos... Do they deserve this as humans ㅠㅠ The stalkers are also ugly as fuck

5. [+22, -8] Reality of fangirls... They either take money from their parents or become criminals

6. [+16, -1] But they'll be kissing some other girl in a car ㅋㅋ 

7. [+16, -4] This might not be her last crime. She followed celebrities by committing crimes but her sentence will be shorter than the military service period

8. [+14, -1] She should get a right sentence for her crime. But I do feel a little sadness at "21-year-old girl". A 21-year-old is the age of getting love from their parents...

9. [+13, -2] Shinhwa's Kim Dongwan said, "Shinhwa is not responsible of your lives." You get nothing out of being obsessed over celebrities

10. [+11, -2] Don't go easy on her. I hope the sasaeng problem gets solved

11. [+9, -0] Honestly I understand how the fans feel because I also have a favorite singer. But sasaengs and over-obsessed fangirls seem to have a mental illness



Back To Top