K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Pros and cons of upper floors and lower floors in high-rise apartments


Pros of upper floors: Nice views. Long sunshine which saves heating fees in winter. No noise.
Cons of upper floors: You'll feel dizzy if you don't like heights. You have to wait for the elevator. You're hopeless if there's an accident like fire.



Pros of lower floors (1~3): If there's fire, you can just jump off of the building. You don't have to wait for the elevator. You can escape quickly if there's an earthquake.
Cons of lower floors: There could be lots of bugs or/and noises.

-

Pann: Pros and cons of upper floors and lower floors in apartments

1. [+124, -27] Upper floors are still better than lower floors.

2. [+112, -23] Upper floors: more expensive and sell well. Lower floors: cheap and don't sell well.

3. [+111, -11] There's another con of lower floors - thieves. Thieves and robbers have always been a problem. I remember hearing that a woman opened the window in evening and she was facing a guy who was climbing on a gas pipe. She screamed hard to get rid of him. I used to think these things didn't happen at apartments and only at small buildings, but there are thieves that climb on the pipes to break in. I saw a footage of a thief climbing on the pipe all the way up to the 10th floor. Some thieves target floors that have lights off. If you live on lower floors, you have to beware.

4. [+63, -8] I've been living on the first floor for 4 years. It's 100 times better than living on an upper floor. You just have to shut the blinds to block the people from seeing through. Outside of the window, I can see big trees and hear birds and rains, which is comforting. The view of the upper floor matters only if you care about it. I don't have to wait for the elevator, I can just walk out to throw out the trash, and there aren't that many bugs. The pros overweight the cons so I'm satisfied.

5. [+44, -4] If you live in a smoke-free apartment or a car-free apartment (all underground parking), lower floors don't matter. I used to live on the 18th floor but moved to the first floor because of my kids, and I'm extremely satisfied. I haven't seen any bug. When I open the curtains in the living room, it looks like a private garden because of all the trees. I was satisfied living on the upper floor but I think lower floors are more charming.

6. [+37, -8] These days, first floors are also expensive because families with kids prefer it.

7. [+30, -3] It's my first time of living in an apartment (20th floor) after houses. I think upper floors are better. When I see complaints on the community board, all of them are from lower floors. I haven't smelled any cigarettes and there's no bug.

8. [+27, -1] What about this con? You don't have much time to get ready for work or school. You leave and realize you forgot your umbrella or something, so you have to wait for the elevator to come back, which is stressful. This is why I prefer lower floors.

Back To Top