K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Netizens & fans comment on Boyfriend's disbandment


Article: Starship, " Boyfriend's contract expired... End of their 8 years of promotions" (official)

Source: Star News via Naver

1. [+67, -2] Boyfriend and Bestfriends all worked hard. I remember when we won #1 for the first time, we were leaving nice comments to hateful commenters. Thanks everyone and it will be an unforgettable memory. Boyfriend and Bestfriends, I love you <3

2. [+48, -2] Out of their 8 years, 5 years were for Japanese promotions... Oppars worked so hard, thank you. I've been following Boyfriend since grade 8 and those times were so valuable, precious, and unchangeable. It's so sad that I won't see the 6 members anymore... I'll cheer for their individual promotions! Kim Donghyun, Shim Hyunsung, Lee Jungmin, Jo Youngmin, Jo Kwangmin, No Minwoo, let's reunite someday! I'm so proud to be a fan of Boyfriend. Thank you for letting me be your fan. Boyfriend was my happiness.

3. [+30, -0] Donghyun, Hyunsung, Jungmin, Youngmin, Kwangmin, Minwoo, let's all be happy <3 This isn't the end. I'll wait for your future promotions. Miss you and love you.

-

Pann: Idol group that managed through the crisis of 7th year but is disbanding in their 8th year

1. [+70, -0] Boyfriend, BAP, and NU'EST got so much attention during their debut but they kept promoting overseas and lost their rookie popularity... After the examples of them, idols debuting after 2014 are always making sure to promote domestically at least 2~3 times or even 4 times a year. International popularity is important but the domestic popularity is the root and so much more important.

2. [+47, -0] They wouldn't have ended up like this if they did less overseas promotions and promoted domestically twice a year. They were a super rookie in 2011~2013...

3. [+28, -0] They used to be my bias but I always felt bad for them ㅠㅠ Boyfriend-Don't Touch My Girl-I'll Be There were a triple hit so they should've kept promoting domestically. Instead, they were sent to Japan. Love Style-Janus-I Yah gained attention as well but they were f*cking sent to Japan again. I'm pissed off as I'm writing this... If it wasn't Starship, they would've been a second tier group at least. F*ck.

4. [+22, -0] (Screenshot of tweets) - Out of Boyfriend's 2913 days of promotions, 2418 were hiatuses. No official lightstick for 8 years. One domestic concert. Rare feedback. The company refused to comment on Japan's earthquake when the members were in Japan so the members updated on their SNS instead. The CEO said in an interview that idols' priority is domestic popularity. The members' birthday tweets had a lot of errors with the dates. They held a Japanese fanmeet in Korea.

5. [+20, -0] If they appeared on the second season of Produce 101 2 years ago, the group could've been doing well by now... Why did they choose to go on The Unit...

Back To Top