K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Maydoni who was a trainee for 8 years at JYP and YG reflects on her trainee years


Maydoni was recruited by Park Jin Young on an audition show in 2001. At the age of 11, she became a JYP trainee. Since then, she switched to YG and spent a total of 8 years as a trainee.

"I took school until lunch and then headed straight to the agency to practice. I learned how to dance and sing, studied foreign languages, exercised, and ate at the agency. My home was only to sleep. Before debut, I was told to keep my weight 38kg. I was at the age to eat a lot, so it was very stressful."

"I exchanged phone numbers with Bigbang oppars, but the manager came and deleted them. I went to their schedule once and I couldn't even share a taxi with a male trainee."

"The agency staff always compared the trainees in our faces. The trainees didn't become friends, we became enemies. However, I think that's how the agency creates good artists."

"If I were to be 11 again, I'd never be a trainee. I'll do it after I get older. Now that I think of it, betting all my teen years for an unpromising future as a singer was a huge risk. I plan to be a singer forever, but when I think about what other things I can do besides a singer, there's nothing. If you're thinking of becoming a trainee, please talk to your parents and consider it carefully."

-

Article: "8-year trainee at YG & JYP... Keeping my weight 38kg and not allowed to share a taxi with a guy"

Source: JoongAng via Naver

1. [+4752, -30] "I exchanged phone numbers with Bigbang oppars, but the manager came and deleted them." Now that I look at it, the manager was trying to protect you. Don't be too upset about it.

2. [+1443, -36] Students who study are also betting their lives to do it.

3. [+1220, -62] What do you mean there's nothing you can do other than being a singer? It's more like you don't want to work like ordinary people!

4. [+529, -16] The school education must be mandatory and then they can do dancing and singing during their spare time. The major agencies that create human zombies need to wake up first.

5. [+483, -118] Imagine how many people were trainees for years, didn't get to debut, turned 30 and can't debut as idols... I feel bad for them. The agencies exploit them.

-

Source: Nate

1. [+1170, -108] Then don't do it. If you want to date and eat, quit then. Ordinary people also have to give up on things to succeed. I hate how these teenagers whine about things.

2. [+958, -73] Did she not expect this as a trainee? If you succeed, you earn so much in return. Since the earnings are huge, the risk is huge, too. It's not like someone threw her into the agency by force.

3. [+594, -42] I still listen to Maydoni's Mola-ing. I feel bad for G-Soul and Maydoni...

4. [+40, -2] Blackpink Jennie had no trouble with dating though...

5. [+38, -4] There's a reason why the manager deleted the phone numbers of Bigbang oppars. If the manger didn't, you could've ended up in news right now ㅋㅋ

Back To Top