K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Jennie shouldn't be over-promoted?


Pann: Jennie shouldn't be over-promoted like this

1. [+247, -19] I might get a lot of downvotes but I went to Blackpink's concert and came back very disappointed. I've never been to an idol concert that was was bland and couldn't draw the audience's attention like that. Don't attack since it's my personal opinion. I'm a Jennie stan but Jisoo caught my attention more. They should promote Jisoo instead...

2. [+244, -10] I agree. YG is promoting Jennie too much right now. It's not like the fandom is big yet, so the fandom will be divided if a certain member gets over-promoted. Besides, Jennie is the type that enjoys the spotlight. She doesn't try to share the spotlight with other members, the other members end up getting buried. As someone interested in Blackpink, I can tell how YG wants to make her a female GD but the media-play is too much. I don't know if this will benefit Jennie.

3. [+208, -18] I'm not even sure if she's good enough to be promoted like that.

4. [+101, -5] BTS and Twice's companies reject all individual CFs because they focus on a long-run as a group. They know what will happen if they keep promoting one popular member. Why doesn't Hyun Suk know that?

5. [+92, -2] To speak extremely, I think she'll end up like Sulli... She'll start slacking off with the stages and end up as a solo. And like SM did, YG wouldn't let Jennie leave.

6. [+87, -0] All YG stans would know. I'm a long-term Bigbang stan and I could tell Yang Hyun Suk was dying to promote Jennie since she was a trainee. She's a charming kid but Yang Hyun Suk is going too far.

7. [+79, -3] As a 13-year-long GD stan, GD's success as a solo is undoubtable but Bigbang stans support it. In interviews, GD always says, "I consider more for Bigbang music than solo music" "My solo music is experimental because I don't know when I'll release it but I consider the next few years for Bigbang albums." You can tell GD's priority is the group, not solo. You have to see solo promotions as an extension of the group's identity for long-run. But I don't think it's the case for Jennie. A solo she was dying to do? I might sound old-fashioned but Blackpink is doing well thanks to Teddy, what solo ㅋㅋㅋㅋ YG doesn't let anyone promote as a solo, even Kang Seungyoon used to be a solo but he's in Winner now. It's not like Jennie can rap or sing as well as Kang Seungyoon. She's a rapper but she can't even write her own raps. I don't understand what she can do. If she's going to slack off with the choreography, she should go back inside of the treasure box and reflect.

8. [+70, -2] The real problem is i-fans. The good thing about i-fans is their cohesion but they don't care about roots/manners/sunbae-hoobae that Koreans really consider important. When an idol stands out, i-fans call her a queen and praise her instead ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

Back To Top