K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Exhibition of rape victims' clothes



What were you wearing?
"My favorite yellow shirt, but I don't remember what pants I was wearing. I remember being so confused and just wanting to leave my brother's room and go back to watching my cartoons."



What were you wearing?
"A swimsuit. We had been canoeing at the river all day. It had been a really fun time. Then they came in to my tent when I was trying to change clothes."



What were you wearing?
"A sun dress. Months later, my mother would stand in front of my closet and complain about how I never wore any of my dresses anymore. I was six years old."



(Clothes of three victims who were raped together. Two of them were raped by men and one was raped by a woman.)



What were you wearing?
"I missed a couple of days of work after it happened. When I told my boss, she asked me this question. I said, "A t-shirt and jeans bitch, what do you wear to a basketball game?" I walked out and never came back."

-

Pann: Exhibition of rape victims' clothes

1. [+285, -3] Heartbreaking... We need a law that allows immediate death sentence of a rapist.

2. [+185, -1] Sigh... All sexual assaulters deserve to die.

3. [+154, -5] Good exhibition...

4. [+106, -2] Our country also tried to hold the same exhibition but we couldn't because all we had was kids' clothes. That means most rape victims were kids. So pissed at my country.

5. [+74, -1] I remember seeing a case of a woman who was raped and killed. The found her underwear but they dismissed the case as a car accident because the underwear was worn out and old women's style.

6. [+70, -1] Even after exhibitions like this, those who blame victims' clothes for rape should go and kill themselves.

7. [+47, -1] Rapists don't go after girls wearing slutty clothes... They target girls who seem quiet and studious because they don't look like they'd report the rape or ask for help...

8. [+37, -3] Some women also have trouble understanding this. When they see a girl who looks slutty and with a good body, they'd say "This is why rape happens. They're flaunting their body like that, of course men would want to touch them." When I inform them that rapists actually rape girls who are covered up with innocent looks, they say "I know that but still, short skirts would trigger men~" They keep repeating this, they're hopeless.

Back To Top