Article: Sunscreen banned at Hawaiian beaches... "to protect marine organisms"
Source: Yeonhap via Naver
1. [+1043, -48] How bad is sunscreen that they're even banning it to protect the coral reefs! We should learn from their mindset to protect the nature.
2. [+670, -21] I went to Hawaii and learned why they were an advanced country... They had strict restrictions to protect the nature. Shouldn't we learn from that?
3. [+266, -13] Regardless of the inconvenience, it's something that must be done to consider the future. I hope this gets enforced in Korea as well.
4. [+151, -13] Yeah, people should control their skin exposure on their own. That's the right thing to do.
5. [+136, -13] Sunscreen kills coral reefs and marine organisms, it's a good law.
6. [+54, -5] The article title is too provocative. To be specific, they're banning sunscreen that has a chemical that damages coral reefs. Many sunscreens don't contain the toxic chemical and you can choose to buy sunscreen that has coral-protection.
7. [+40, -0] People should cover up their bodies with clothes and wear a hat.
8. [+26, -0] Jeju needs to strengthen their laws to protect the nature, too.
9. [+26, -1] The US is trying hard like this but India and China are turning the seas and rivers into trashes. They don't even have sewage facilities and don't bother controlling their populations.
10. [+19, -2] Why don't the US do proper recycling, though...