K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Bigbang fans complain to Kang Sunghoon's cover of 'Flower Road'


Article: Sechs Kies Kang Sunghoon covers Bigbang's fansong 'Flower Road'... Bigbang fans complain

Source: Star Today via Nate

1. [+378, -133] I don't think this is a big wrongdoing...

2. [+337, -67] You shouldn't mess with fansongs out of respect. Imagine an artist covering Sechs Kies' fansong. I'm sure the fans will make a bigger fuss ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+257, -51] I can understand covering other artists' songs, but I don't think covering a fansong is right.

4. [+37, -20] The fact that he sang another artist's fansong at his own concert is wrong enough, but he also changed the lyrics and added a choreo. OK, I can tolerate them all, but some Kang Sunghoon fans are acting aggressive and demanding us to be thankful for covering their fansong. By the way, Flower Road hit the roof and was #1 for weeks without any promotion.

5. [+33, -11] I remember him going to courts for committing fraud. He cleaned up his image with Infinity Challenge.

6. [+33, -10] The problem is that Bigbang has never even performed the song... And Kang Sunghoon added a choreography on top of that ㅋㅋ

-

Pann: Reasons why Bigbang fans are upset with Kang Sunghoon

1. [+261, -28] When us VIPs complained, we were treated like an ungrateful hoobae fandom.

2. [+235, -34] I'm not a fan but Sechs Kies and their fandom also have a lot of controversies but they got buried. The way they treated Lee Young Ja was so rude.

3. [+223, -28] I'm a Sechs Kies fan but I don't understand Kang Sunghoon and his fans... I apologize on behalf of them, sorry VIPs ㅠㅠ

4. [+149, -10] I'm not interested in any idol but I really pity Bigbang fans. For example, my boyfriend proposes me with his self-produced song. And then my boyfriend's sunbae edits the song and proposes his girlfriend. The girlfriend posts the song on Instagram and I have to see that. This is supposed to be my song since he dedicated the song to me but I can't even complain since it's a sunbae who stole the song from my boyfriend. If I complain, I'm gonna be called rude and ungrateful by the sunbae's girlfriend.

5. [+141, -6] Sechs Kies fans say VIPs should be thankful for promoting the song but the song got excellent results, we don't need any promotion ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+119, -2] It's not like Bigbang fans are mad because Bigbang never performed the song before. First of all, Bigbang produced the song for the fans 2 years ago to release it before enlisting. When the first articles were out, they clearly called it a 'fansong'. But Kang Sunghoon re-recorded the song and even changed the 'Bigbang' signature sound to 'Hoony'. Even non-fans recognized the 'Bigbang' sound, imagine how it's like for the fans. But Kang Sunghoon changed that ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He also added a choreography. It's understandable why the fans are upset.

Back To Top