- Artists of the year (monthly digital from January to December): Akdong Musician, Twice, IU (March & April), PSY, G-Dragon, EXO, Sunmi, Sechs Kies, Epik High, Wanna One, Twice
- Discovery of the year (indie): Melomance
- Discovery of the year (R&B): Heize
- Discovery of the year (hip-hop): Changmo
- Discovery of the year (ballad): Hwang Chiyeol
- Hot performance of the year: NU'EST W, GOT7
- Long-run digital of the year: IU
- Lyricist of the year: IU
- World hallyu star award: GOT7
- World rookie award: Black Pink
- K-pop contribution award: Yoon Jong Shin
- Popular singer of the year: Yoon Jong Shin
- Foreign digital of the year: Ed Sheeran
- Rookie of the year (album): Wanna One
- Rookie of the year (digital): Woo Wonjae
- Style of the year: Lia Kim, Choi Kyung Won, Kim Yejin
- Fan voting (female): Taeyeon
- Fan voting (male): Wanna One
- Artist of the year (the second quarter of the year): Seventeen
- Breakup of the year: Kang Tae Woo, Lee Seung Yeop
- Digital production of the year: Fave Entertainment
- Artist of the year (the fourth quarter of the year): Wanna One
- Artist of the year (the first/third quarters of the year: BTS
Article: '2018 Gaon chart' BTS & Seventeen wins album awards for 1st & second quarters
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+615, -3] Why does BTS only get a few seconds of screentime?
2. [+559, -3] "BTS is the awardee for the first quarter", that's it? Only a couple of seconds ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ So speechless ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Even artists who didn't attend the show still got to say a speech in a video or got the award ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+546, -3] Stupid Gaon but BTS is still the best. I'll cheer for them even harder. I'm just gonna calm down for now. BTS and Armys can win awards in America and be happy ^^
4. [+489, -3] Why was I even watching this?
5. [+457, -2] As expected of Gaon ㅋ Way to make me pissed.
6. [+153, -0] Shouldn't they mention BTS a bit more? Do they know how many albums BTS sold?
7. [+138, -1] Armys watched Gaon awards for 3 hours just to see those two seconds.
8. [+113, -0] BTS won the first and third quarters, is it that hard to mention them for 5 more seconds?