Article: EXO, "BTS and Wanna One are spreading K-pop around the world, we thank them"
Source: Ten Asia via Nate
1. [+397, -124] BTS surpassed EXO a long time ago. Their popularity is no joke in South America, Europe, and the US. Charting #1 on the billboard chart is a great result but there's only a few articles on it. There must be some controlling behind.
2. [+384, -109] EXO's popularity is big enough but honestly speaking, the reason why BTS succeeded that much in the US is because of their own aura. It's something EXO couldn't do ㅋㅋ
3. [+363, -93] BTS is the trend but they don't get recognized because they're from a small company.
4. [+63, -6] BTS and EXO only have a year gap of debut years, right? But BTS still feels fresh and they have good concepts. Especially with the outfits and the song during Fire, I knew they'd do really well ㅋㅋ They started getting responses since Dope. Dope still looks cool. The Gaon fancams of Dope are really dope ㅋㅋ They enjoy singing live and dance like true singers. They're different from other idols who dance like machines and lip-sync.
5. [+53, -15] I think EXO used to be more popular but BTS surpassed them to a bigger extent.
6. [+52, -7] It's not like BTS is spreading K-pop. They call it BTS-pop overseas. They're not paying attention to K-pop, just the group BTS only. Don't misunderstand.
7. [+51, -6] Internationally, BTS isn't known as K-pop but as a category of their own.
8. [+50, -6] Objectively, EXO was a wall until Call Me Baby. EXO's visuals are much better and some BTS members have unbearable visuals, sorry BTS fans ㅠㅠ But EXO had continuous withdrawals of the Chinese members, dating rumors, and unmemorable comebacks after Call Me Baby. Meanwhile, BTS had continuous hits with Dope, Fire, Not Today, and DNA and it changed the game. The reason why EXO is maintaining their value is because of SM's media-play and their Chinese popularity. Even in Taiwan, BTS is the trend now. They're also #1 in Japan and they sell 500K more albums. Considering the fact that BTS' album was released not too long ago, the gap will be bigger. As an ajumma fan who really cared about EXO, I feel bad. The strength of Korean groups is their synchronized choreos, stable live, and awesome music videos but EXO's choreos are getting less synchronized every year, just admit it ㅠㅠ Meanwhile, BTS has crazy dances and hip-hop based music which is the worldwide trend. Winning a billboard award for the first time in K-pop, debut stage on AMA, guesting on 3 biggest talk shows in America, and performing for New York Times in 2018... You have to admit that BTS is the #1 group at this moment.
9. [+49, -7] Do you know why these kids don't work out? It's because every one of these jerks is trying to become something else by using their singing career as a stepping stone rather than becoming successful as a singer. They don't look like they're building their singing career at all. These idiots are only interested in other fields ㅋㅋ No wonder why they're becoming a has-been ㅋㅋ
10. [+45, -25] They grew like a safe plant under their big agency ㅋㅋㅋ All of the Chinese ditched. They had so many scandals and controversies. They slack off their dances because they're big now. They must be so pissed off to see BTS, a group that started from a place shittier than the dirt, becoming a world star on a different level ㅋㅋㅋㅋ A columnist said recently that they can't write objective columns on BTS because of the pressure from the big agencies.... BTS is the first group that dominated the English-speaking countries and South America with every comeback. What EXO ㅋㅋㅋㅋ To BTS, EXO isn't even a rival anymore. They wouldn't care ㅋㅋㅋ
11. [+42, -9] They've surpassed you guys long ago. You talk as if someone below you did well and you're in the position to praise them ㅋㅋㅋ You're a has-been already ㅋㅋ
12. [+42, -20] EXO is even losing to Wanna One now ㅋㅋ First of all, none of the EXO members are talented except a couple of them.
13. [+41, -6] EXO and BTS' debut years are close but BTS is still rising by showing new things. How can EXO say stuff like that... ㅋㅋ
14. [+40, -9] SM's limit = typical group to target Asia
15. [+40, -12] Why should you be thankful to BTS and Wanna One for spreading K-pop ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Are you the minister of the Culture Ministry or what?