At a fansign, a fansite master asked on a note what she meant to Seungkwan. He wrote, "source of income."
(tn: The word he used is a derogatory term)
Pledis gave a feedback and said Seventeen treasures Carats more than anymore else
Pann: The truth of Seventeen's 'source of income' incident
1. [+206, -38] Even the fansite masters that have left the fandom are shielding him. Isn't it telling us that this controversy is manipulated? Even as a non-fan, it looks fake.
2. [+185, -35] I didn't believe it in the first place because I knew Seventeen kids would never do that. Don't worry and I hope it gets resolved.
3. [+161, -36] Honestly, it looks fake seeing how even fansite masters are shielding him.
4. [+53, -1] Even if it's not fake, what kind of an asshole would bluntly say that fans are the source of income? And why would he write it on paper ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I heard that the fansite master called herself the source of income first and that she's an individual fan of one member ㅋㅋㅋㅋ She's said to have touched the members inappropriately and the recording she was supposed to upload hasn't been uploaded until now. Isn't it enough to prove that it's fake? She's now stanning another group and she also did the same thing to that group ㅋㅋㅋㅋ So this is how a witch hunt starts...
5. [+39, -2] I'm not a fan but I know Seventeen because my bias is close to them. They're never the type that'll do this. They have a great character. I don't understand what kind of an idiot would pull a manipulated joke like this.
The fansite master proved that she's not an individual fan (akgae). She also clarified that she didn't call herself 'source of income' first. There's a recording of her at another fansign (where another member told her not to come) and other fans pointed out that the atmosphere seemed ok. She said she couldn't make a fuss on the spot because other fans were also there. She said she left the fandom quietly after similar incidents kept happening. She mentioned 'source of income' to her current bias group because she was traumatized.
Pann: Second feedback of the 'source of income' fansite master
1. [+84, -1] You need to shield appropriately. When an artist is at fault, the controversy will end quickly if the fans criticize the artist. Seventeen is getting more hate because of their fans' nonsense shield.
2. [+76, -2] That fansite master ended this controversy with facts.
3. [+69, -1] Even before the second feedback was posted, I found Seventeen fan's shield weird.
4. [+35, -1] Seventeen fans tried to make it a fake controversy because they didn't want to believe it but the fansite master turned out to be a true fan. Fans like her wouldn't even be 1% of the Seventeen's fandom. She gave gifts to all 13 members, fed the staff, and kept her mouth shut as a true fan but they only treated her roughly.
5. [+30, -0] I need to apologize for calling it fake when the recording was posted. She's different from other manipulative akgaes. The evidences are clear.
Q: What's the song you listen to a lot?
A: Later (refusing to answer)
Fansite recording of Junghan
Fan: Today's dress code...
Junghan: Stop coming here.
Fan: (2 seconds pause) Huh...? OK.. But I keep getting picked though.
Junghan: Then other fans can't come. Stop coming.
Pann: A controversial idol who told his fan to stop coming
1. [+309, -22] Do you guys also know this? The fan just ranted on Twitter that this incident happened without revealing who the idol was, but the Seventeen fans knew and attacked her. The fan got pissed and posted recordings, evidences and everything ㅋㅋㅋㅋ
2. [+297, -18] They're arrogant ㅋㅋ Do they think fansites are easy to go? When you line up at a fansite, your hands and feet start trembling. To them, it's just one of their jobs but it's an unforgettable memory for the fans. We go there with sincere feelings but how can he say that as a rookie ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+247, -20] Thoughtless. There are many boy groups that can't even fill up the fansite spots but he's telling her not to come ㅋㅋ
4. [+128, -2] She was a fansite master and a very core fan. She even supported them with a food truck. Yet he told her to stop coming... Source of income... I listened to the recording and it made me hurt. She still left the fandom quietly and it's the fans that made her speak up. They need to apologize. They insulted her with all sort of curses.
5. [+126, -3] Why do the fans keep bashing the fansite master? As a long-term stan, I've never seen artists that call their fans source of income and tell them not to come. Do you see any popular singers that say those things?
Order of the controversy:
1) The fansite master ranted about Seventeen's 'source of income' incident with Seungkwan's name blurred out. Also, she said her current bias cured her feelings. She tweeted:
As I was getting an autograph from Minsoo, I wrote to him that I'll be UP10TION's source of income. He said "No" and wrote, "I'll work harder myself to climb to the top." The selcas, ID stages, and everything else didn't matter. That "No" was enough for me.
2) It got spread on Twitter and some Carats got nervous.
3) They started attacking her.
4) The fan got upset and reuploaded the picture with Seungkwan's name.
5) She still got attacked for not having evidences.
6) She uploaded a recording of Junghwan telling her not to come.
7) The fans kept shielding Seventeen and said the fan is an akgae who bullied the members.
8) UP10TION is also dragged and community sites think it's a fake incident.
9) The fansite master uploaded first and second feedbacks, proving her stories to be true.
Pann: True facts of 'source of income' incident
1. [+181, -7] She posted all those evidences... So it's true. If it was my bias, I would've left the fandom. So unlikeable...
2. [+169, -9] Fans said the fan touched the Seventeen members inappropriately but I watched the gif and it wasn't true. They're attacking her to shield their own artists.
3. [+126, -6] So what's the conclusion? Is it true that the artist called their fan 'source of income'?
4. [+73, -4] 5 months since debut... And telling a fan not to come when she spent over $30,000 on them...
5. [+63, -3] There's a plenty of idols anyways. Idols like them need to flop.