K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

It's not possible to win awards purely by music anymore?

Pann: It's not possible to win awards purely by music anymore

(Pann talks about fandom power affecting the digital chart)

1. [+81, -1] People are so focused on #1 idols and #1 singers, so I think we're missing a lot of good songs. I actually find that a lot of idols' b-sides are better than the title tracks and the genres are more diverse. But since the title track has to win #1, people don't get to listen to the full b-sides unless they're fans. It's a pity...

2. [+68, -2] I hope Melon tells us about new songs, not just the chart ranking. I also don't understand why music shows rank songs. The news articles say "this group beat this group and won #1", I hate it!!! I just want to listen to other artists' songs but I also don't want my bias to chart lower. So I hold back and listen to them later... What the hell am I doing?

3. [+66, -1] This makes me think a lot

4. [+37, -0] The reason why fans really want their bias to win #1 is beyond making the members happy. It's also because if they don't win #1 or chart low, people insult the artists. We just want our bias to be praised.

5. [+31, -0] I didn't realize it when I was a casual fan. Since I started stanning sincerely, I wanted to make them win #1 and I just had to make them win #1. Honestly, albums are pretty useless except looking at the members' faces because I don't use CDs to listen to music. But I still buy them excessively and devote my time to stream music videos and digital tracks. I vote too... I do everything and make them win #1, but I sometimes feel weird. I feel even more weird when they win #1 but don't mention the fans ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Artists don't win the awards by themselves, fans make them win the awards. This is the current music industry.

6. [+24, -0] My fandom is also one of the insulted ones. I also don't want to stream. I wanted to push up the b-sides rather than the title track because I preferred the b-sides. But do you know what happens? So many antis gather and call them old news and has-beens. The general opinions shift. I really hate it when my bias doesn't win an award and people call them done. I think it's because people make fans crazy by insulting the artists if they chart low or don't win an award.

7. [+22, -0] It's because of the antis. They call a group a flop if they chart a little lower. Do you think fans won't care?

8. [+18, -0] The fandom structure is seriously... I think streaming is the real problem. The songs that are at the very top of the chart are indeed listened by the public. But I think the Korean music industry could change if we can get rid of continuous streaming ㅋㅋ Also, illegal downloading is a serious problem. Fans pay money, stream, and download but what if the public downloads songs illegally... Is there really no way? Even if there's a good solution, fandoms will still find a way to abuse it. Oh, another thing. Music shows count physical sales a lot and we also have fansigns and first week sales. It creates a competition and fans bulk buy the albums. It's good that the physical album market is reviving in this way but the sales still very lacking compared to the sales in the 80's and 90's. But once again, we can't deny that current artists deserve to have dedicated fans like this. "A good song wins #1" is old...

Back To Top