K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Minor aspects of Winner's 'Baby Baby'


Winner's 'Baby Baby' is one of the rare songs with 6/8 beats. Most Korean songs including idol songs are 4/4. 8/6 and 4/3 are extremely rare. The song was also a minor genre 'blues', but they still chose it as their title track.




-

Pann: The song with a unique record among title tracks

1. [+92, -11] Winner is a unique idol group because out of the five members, three members are really good at composing. It's not like they let a veteran composer do most work, they're the main composers and they even rearrange their music. Taehyun composed Baby Baby and it's approved by music experts. Even Yang Hyun Suk is thrilled to release the digital track of Song Mino's 'Mom'.

2. [+94, -9] Wow, I'm a fan but I didn't know that the song was 8/6 beats. God Namtae, God Taehyun.

3. [+91, -9] I recently found out that it was solely composed by him. I also like Sentimental but I also hope Baby Baby would be more recognized ㅠㅠ

4. [+45, -0] Honestly, when the song was released, I was hoping that they'd promote Baby Baby more ㅠㅠ The music video is +19, so... They promoted Sentimental more at the end. The songs in E album are all good! Namtae's title tracks are really good, I hope he stops being worried ㅠㅠ I felt bad when he said he was worried about his title track not doing well.. It's good!

5. [+44, -0] What's more amazing is that Taehyun composed, wrote, and rearranged the song ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+41, -0] It honestly needs to be reevaluated... I'm indeed a fan but it's not easy to see a song solely composed by an idol. It's also their second album, he must've worked so hard and felt pressured ㅠㅠ Why do they need to be called a flop just because they didn't last long after hitting the roof with a blues song? Winner and Taehyun, you guys are still doing well~

7. [+39, -0] A male idol hit the Melon roof with a 8/6 beat blues song ㅠㅠ

8. [+38, -0] I personally prefer Baby Baby over Sentimental ㅠㅠ It's really good, it makes me want to drink alone in the night. It didn't stay long on the chart because of its minor genre, but they won #1 and it's a big achievement. The fact that they made the music video +19 makes me upset but I'm proud of Winner.

9. [+38, -0] Nam Taehyun's cool

10. [+37, -0] What's more upsetting is that Taehyun used to be so confident but he lost his confidence. The song could've been buried due to its minor genre and +19 music video, but it still managed to hit the roof and won #1. At an event in Incheon, the MC asked, "How did you manage to capture people's attention?" and Namtae answered, "I didn't capture much." He's not confident anymore. He was also worried on Actor School ㅠㅠ 

Back To Top