In 2010, Taecyeon's fansite made a lightstick with a carrot design, which was orange.
Shinhwa Dongwan posted on his blog: "Just leave them~ Why do we need to care when they can't even choose a proper color? ㅋ"
Shinhwa Company also tweeted that orange is Shinhwa's
On the other hand, god Park Joon Hyung said official colors are not a big deal
Pann: Different reactions of two 1st generation idols at a same situation
1. [+224, -1] Sechs Kies Eun Jiwon ㅋㅋㅋㅋ He's so cool
Fan: Oppa, I was flustered when I was watching gayo daejun because EXO's color was silver!
EJW: It's OK. They're just riding on my color! I'm thankful that EXO is using silver.
Fan: So we should hold silver lightsticks together?
EJW: Yes hold them together as if they're all my fans~
2. [+127, -6] I'm not trying to bash Shinhwa but Park Joon Hyung is cool. He's trying to calm down the fans...
3. [+102, -4] So petty
4. [+75, -4] The official color of singer Lee Sun Hee's fans is orange and their nickname is Carrot. What are you gonna do about this? Please give us a feedback ^^
5. [+65, -4] Even Shinhwa Company says they didn't allow anyone to use orange ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ As if they're owners of all oranges ㅋㅋㅋ iKON lightstick is not even the same color. They think all shades of orange and yellow are theirs ㅋㅋ
6. [+56, -3] Shinhwa's image definitely got damaged by this. They're also dragging iKON and Yoseob into this mess, really dislikeable.
“I sincerely apologize for all sexually harassing comments that were directed towards junior groups from accounts connected to the name of Shinhwa or Shinhwa Changjo, no matter what the reason or where they originated from. I hope that Shinhwa Changjo will be respectful of junior groups’ fandoms in the future so that this sort of incident does not occur again.
The way I feel right now is not very different from the way g.o.d‘s Park Joon Hyung, fin.K.L‘s Ok Joo Hyun, or Sechs Kies‘ Eun Ji Won feels. We have to concede many things to the junior groups, and we need to support and encourage them so that they can advance. It is time for us to give some of the benefits we have received to them, under the premise that we will not be letting up with our own activities either. Now, Shinhwa is in a position where we have to get used to giving more than receiving.
The color orange does not belong to us. No color in this world can belong to someone. It’s only that if you are a fan of someone, or if you are a singer with a large fandom, there is an ‘unspoken rule’ that you automatically know and that we keep among ourselves. I do not want us to become a laughing stock for being possessive over something that no one can possess.
But there is one thing that I cannot, realistically, ignore. It is that next year, Shinhwa will be promoting. Since we have not promoted at the end of the year in a long time, it’s natural that Shinhwa has become distant from the year-end award ceremonies and special performances. Although it’s amazing to stand together with singers who’ve shown us great promotions that year and to wrap up the year with a magnificent ending with so many fandoms…
So therefore next year Shinhwa not only plans to be promoting in the second half of the year, we also plan to be on stage at the year-end award ceremonies, to be together with Shinhwa Changjo. We will be performing the most times during this promotion period since our 2012 album ‘The Return.’ We’ll of course be doing this together with many junior groups and many fandoms.
Shinhwa’s promotion period won’t be long compared to that of the shining and energetic junior groups. Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo have to spend this short time together passionately and warmly. I sincerely hope that there won’t be any obstacles in the way of us spending this time together.
When I hear junior groups say that Shinhwa is a senior group that they admire, or say that they dream of being like Shinhwa, I am so grateful and I think that we’ve done well at getting through a lot.
We aren’t hoping for admiration. We are just hoping that a few of the things we have protected during our long time together will be respected. Those things are Shinhwa and Shinhwa Changjo, and the sea of orange lights that we see when we’re on stage. Respect for us will return in kind to you and to your heroes on stage.” (source)
Pann: Kim Dongwan apologized
1. [+224, -66] It should be summarized like this: "I apologize for the sexual harassment. Shinhwa Changjos need to stop and be well-mannered. Orange is not just our color. But there's an unspoken rule that fans and singers have to obey. (fandom culture) Orange was preserved by the rule. If you respect us, the respect will go back to the heroes you love."
2. [+172, -44] He's just asking us not to use orange. How is this any different from what Eric said? But I'm glad that he apologized for Shinhwa Changjos' sexual harassment.
3. [+166, -71] His apology was a right choice but I found it a bit iffy. "We don't have many days left to promote. So you hoobaes need to avoid orange." I don't know if I'm nitpicking. I'm not a fan of iKON either.
Fan: Oppa, dark grey B2ST and B2uties' color, right?
Yoseob: Yes, it's ours
Pann: Celebrities who joined fanwars of official colors
1. [+151, -6] Get your facts right. When the fan tweeted Yoseob, there was no fanwar at all or any color controversy. Yoseob just replied to a fan. Other fans actually targeted Yoseob at IAC because of Hyunseung fansite admin's goods. Don't try to bring others into this.
2. [+143, -10] Yoseob is actually amazing ㅋㅋㅋ He's not like, "orange is ours so don't use it." Shinhwa Changjos have actually targeted Yoseob before ㅋㅋㅋ
3. [+126, -3] He didn't join any fanwar. He only replied to a fan.
4. [+52, -0] I feel like Shinhwa Changjos are bringing others into this. "It's not only us!" They're also dragging B2uties and Sones on Twitter.
5. [+45, -0] Yoseob's tweet is from May 2012. It was only days after EXO's debut and EXO fans and B2uties had no interest in each other. EXO didn't even have an official color yet. Yoseob didn't join a fanwar, he only replied.