Article: 'Abnormal Summit' G6's regretful farewell 'touching'
Source: Xports News via Naver
1. [+10793, -106] They should've just made a completely new season. It's so mean to cut a several members on the 1st anniversary episode.
2. [+8686, -277] Why did they need to change the members when they were doing well...
3. [+6048, -58] I hope to see them on other shows. I hope the best for them.
4. [+5156, -45] I'll miss you, G6 ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ
5. [+4153, -311] I won't watch it if they cast another six Western members
6. [+2282, -38] Everything aside, I'm surprised that Julian is leaving when he was basically carrying the show with Enes. He brightened up the atmosphere, hyped others up, and sacrificed himself for the show.
7. [+2140, -26] They're cutting the members that don't have a company or not under JTBC. And yet they say "we're family, we're not leaving" with a caption. I don't understand this. The next episode will be seriously important. You've worked hard, G6!
8. [+2048, -24] Family, my ass. Are you kicking your own family out? The staff is so gross.
9. [+2030, -19] If they wanted to change, they should've changed all the members. It's uncomfortable because the reason is unclear... I'm sure the panelists also feel the same.
10. [+1877, -13] I feel like they're kicked out ㅠㅠ They should've just made a new season instead...
Article: [Review IS] 'Abnomral Summit' G6, thank you, you've worked hard
Source: Ilgan Sports via Naver
1. [+2499, -341] At some point, Jun Hyun Moo started to try to be funnier than Yoo Se Yoon. Stop singing your abnormal song.
2. [+1770, -22] Ilya is such a waste. Russia was the only country that was free to criticize USA and China openly. I hope they cast another Russian rep.
3. [+1940, -203] Jun Hyun Moo, an ambitious plastic man who wants to advance to China, takes care of his dongsaeng Zhang Yuan so much.
4. [+2021, -339] Jun Hyun Moo's gag is so uncomfortable. He always disses others. Anyone can be funny like that. A real MC is someone who makes other laugh in a good mood, like Yoo Jae Suk and Seo Kyung Suk.
5. [+1399, -71] I wanted them to stay together until the end
6. [+790, -9] I don't understand why they're leaving the show ㅠㅠ I'll miss Ilya, especially.
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' G6's final speech tearing the viewers, "I'll miss you"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+943, -31] It's very sad. Each member did their task well...
2. [+751, -52] I'll have to watch the next episode to judge but I'm disappointed that they're not gonna be at an old small room anymore. Shouldn't true Abnormal Summit be held at a small room, not a bright room?
3. [+78, -2] Is JTBC changing their PDs or what? They change the casts and concepts too much. Witch Hunt is an example. Take Care of the Fridge is also really controversial. Their productions are better than any other channel but their changes always affect negatively. No matter how funny a show is, it'll get boring at some point. But changes like this is not safe...
4. [+75, -1] I've been watching it since episode 1, so I was very sad. I liked Robin, Julian, and Takuya because they were on the show since the beginning. I feel bad for Sujan, Blair, and Ilya. I think taking 6 members out at once is not right. What kind of amazing panelists did they cast? The new cast is from new countries, right? Or else, the withdrawals would be meaningless. Anyways, I hope the best for Robin, Julian, Takuya, Sujan, Blair, and Ilya! :)
5. [+69, -4] Ilya is a waste. Russia was the only country that openly dissed USA and China. Other countries didn't step up like the reality.
6. [+68, -8] Whenever I watched Abnormal Summit, I always felt that Sam and Takuya were the ones that needed to leave. But Sam is not leaving for some reason. He said his dream is to become a president in Ghana. He doesn't give any information that people want, is it because he's already taking care of his image for his dream? Ghana's struggling economy, lack of friction, and the problem of the government. He doesn't talk about African culture or the relationships between African countries at all. All he does is focus on his funny character. Abnormal Summit is a discussion show and his problem is that he only focuses on being an entertainer. They could've cast a funny idol or a funny comedian for that. I don't understand why they need to use Sam when he doesn't act as an Africa representative. Takuya's withdrawal was well-done. When they were discussing the history, he never talked about the discrimination Japanese people have against Korean people. He also never mentions Japanese government issues. He's an opportunist, we don't need someone like him. A 'representative' who can't 'represent' should be out. Jun Hyun Moo promotes Sumifru Banana which is a Japanese company and Abnormal Summit show itself tries so hard to get sponsors from Japanese companies. That's why they treated Takuya well and hyped him up even though he didn't represent Japan. It was getting more and more uncomfortable but now with his withdrawal, I wonder if the show will be more independent. Blair is too young and Sujan's country has problems so he can't talk about his country. They can't really contribute anymore and it was hard for them to give quality information. I feel bad for their withdrawals but at the same time, I also understand why. But why Ilya, though? His Korean is excellent as a Russian and he's not biased when he talks about Russia, he also criticizes it. Someone like him is not common. He's a good talker and he's also honestly charming.
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' G6 leaves and new G6 comes... will the change work [TV]
Source: My Daily via Naver
1. [+79, -0] JTBC is good with their releases but their after-service is such a mess
2. [+81, -8] I like Zhang Yuan but it's annoying when Jun Hyun Moo defends him and hypes him up because they're under the same company.
3. [+62, -1] Original members are good... Look at Infinity Challenge, why do you think they're keeping the original members?
Article: First anniversary of 'Abnormal Summit' Kim Hee Jung PD, "G6's withdrawal is not END, but AND" (interview)
Source: TV Report via Naver
1. [+76, -1] "People think we kicked G6 out but it's the same reason as James Hooper." James Hooper withdrew himself to get his Master's degree. Did G6 (Julian, Robin, Takuya, Sujan, Ilya, Blair) really withdraw themselves? Are you confident that the staff didn't put any pressure? I can understand the members but why did you take Ilya out when he was able to face off smartie Tyler?
2. [+69, -3] Ilya didn't stay that long, why did you even cast him, then? I don't see the reason for their withdrawals.
3. [+47, -1] It doesn't make sense why they took Ilya out when he's only been on the show for 6 months. What are you trying to do by taking a good talker out? The excuses and good talkers aside, I feel bitter because it seems like the members were chosen to stay based on their companies. I think they're putting a noisy panelist after Ilya but they'll regret it.
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Zhang Yuan, "I'm embarrassed about my stubbornness in the past... I don't watch the past episodes"
Source: Newsen via Nate
1. [+656, -33] Zhang Yuan is definitely patriarchal and stubborn. But it's good to see him admitting his patriarchy and stubbornness and trying to fix it.
2. [+621, -41] He got into a lot of trouble because of his stubbornness but as a fellow Asian, I also agreed with Zhang Yuan a lot of times. For example, when they discussed death penalty. His opinions when he said criminals don't deserve human rights because they gave up to be human.
3. [+501, -45] Zhang Yuan is more flexible than before~ He laughs off when other panelists say Chinese people are dirty and loud ㅋㅋ I'm glad that Zhang Yuan is staying. Errr~ ㅋㅋㅋ