Article: 'Abnormal Summit' In Korea, water, side dishes and bathrooms are free 'But they're not in Europe'
1. [+608, -21] The fact that they had to pay to use bathrooms was a great cultural shock...
2. [+567, -19] When I traveled overseas, I was really shocked to see a person sitting on a desk in front of the bathroom and getting paid... And I don't think any country has washrooms that are as clean and well-functioned as our country's
3. [+296, -8] Can't believe the beach culture during summer is European culture
(TN: This comment is making sarcasm of having to pay to take a spot on the beach in Korea)
4. [+38, -1] Our country has good transportation, delivery system, side dishes in restaurants, and bathrooms. The best country to live in is our country if you're rich
5. [+35, -3] Also our delivery system ㅋㅋ Foreigners are really surprised with it. If you order something today, they get delivered to you by tomorrow. The delivery system is the best ㅋㅋ
6. [+32, -3] People might think we're just used to our own culture, but the country where you can fulfill basic needs the easiest is Korea. Of course, there are many things you can bash but I'm very satisfied to be born and live in this country
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Julian, "I don't understand the expensive deposit culture in Korea, Europe is different"
1. [+233, -9] But I heard that our country's "전세" culture is liked because foreign countries don't have this system
(TN: 전세 is a Korean housing system where you pay a huge amount of money, live in the place for a few years, and move out with your money back. No additional fees.)
2. [+221, -32] I'm sure there will be so many people who will run away if they don't pay the deposit ㅋㅋㅋ So many rude people these days
3. [+151, -10] The housing fees are so expensive in Korea ㅠㅠ We don't even get much benefits
4. [+22, -2] It's still better... If you want to live in the US alone without 전세, you need at least $2,000 per month... At least you can get the deposit back
5. [+18, -2] The house owner has to be able to kick the resident out if they don't pay their monthly rent. But it takes 3~4 months until the trial ends... This is realistically hard. I think the rent fee of 6~8 weeks was the deposit in Europe. They also have a fund that takes care of the deposit so they can borrow the money right away... I think it would help the people who live alone in our country if we adopt the system to areas that are full of people
6. [+16, -1] No wonder why Europeans become independent so fast... I think a lot of Koreans would also become independent if we didn't have to pay the deposits
Article: 'Abnormal Summit' Tyler, "France needs to give back Jikji to Korea" a firm statement
1. [+647, -2] Tyler is cool!!
2. [+577, -3] "You seem normal, abnormal, but normal~♪" The best show on Monday night
3. [+479, -6] Of course, Abnormal Summit! It's funny. I think it's funny to discuss a variety of topics. It was new today because they did games and cooking, but it was more fun to hear the differences of cultures. Always cheering for the show!
4. [+50, -0] None of the foreigners are dislikeable. The atmosphere is neat and the MCs match well. A funny announcer, a funny comedian, and a singer with rational perspective. A pleasant atmosphere, not too serious. I'm saving this show in my hard drive with Infinity Challenge
5. [+47, -4] The problem is not the MCs, the staff doesn't know how to choose a proper topic. Why did they have to do a useless quiz of Deoksugung Stonewall Walkway? How is this related with the cultural differences and perspectives?
6. [+38, -0] Tyler... Again, I learn that educated people are different. I respect him