K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

MR.MR admits their song 'Mr.Mr' was meant to diss SNSD



Pann: The male idols who dissed SNSD!




(Allkpop article)


Boy group MR. MR recently released a song entitled 'Mr.Mr,' which not only matched the group's name but also matched Girls' Generation's latest title track, raising fans' interest as well as some suspicions.

Regarding this connection to Girls' Generation, a rep of MR.MR told Asia Economy on March 3, "The portion of netizens pointing out that MR.MR's 'Mr.Mr' was dissing Girls' Generation, who made a comeback with a song of the same name, is correct."

MR.MR is the first idol group to release a dis song like this and also to acknowledge that it is indeed a dis song.  'Mr.Mr' was released on February 28 and included lyrics like, "How could you do that when I'm right here? / Girl, you come out so easily from behind the curtain / Not me, but another mistake, Mr.Mr / I bet you're amused by my embarrassment," and, "I become faint for a main like you / Am I loser and are you a winner? / We're going the same path / I must have looked small from your high perch / Is that why you did that to me?"

This song made many people suspicious about whether the boys were addressing Girls' Generation in the lyrics.  

MR.MR's rep said, "Isn't it a violation of ethics in the music industry to openly use an existing group's name for content in a song?  We deliberately put in that topic and the lyric's 'disses.'"


=====


1. [+53, -7] But I don't understand the statement from MR MR. They're saying SNSD is looking down at them by promoting Mr Mr. How is this supposed to offend them? I don't understand...

2. [+41, -2] Crazy jerks ㅋㅋㅋ They're trying so hard to get popular... So should Secret also release diss songs for other singers? There are plenty of songs called "Secret" ㅋㅋㅋ

3. [+37, -3] If they were female idols, they would've gotten criticized to death.

4. [+16, -0] What a crap ㅋㅋㅋ We didn't even know there was a group called MR MR.

5. [+11, -1] I'm leaving this comment because I was dumbfounded at the article I read yesterday. To summarize, a boy group called MR MR got pissed at SNSD's Mr Mr because SNSD buried them so they released a diss song ㅋㅋ What kind of a whining logic is this? Then should GD be blamed for burying Crayon Pop with his Crayon song? A diss song just because they got buried by SNSD ㅋㅋㅋ They should blame themselves for not working hard and not getting popularity. How dare they to release a diss song to a huge sunbae SNSD? I'm more pissed because MR MR's company admitted it was a diss song

6. [+10, -0] This is the same as some TVXQ fans telling Girl's Day to change their song title because Girl's Day is the hoobaeㅋㅋ



Back To Top