K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Question asked at a Google interview


Characteristics of Google interviews:
- Not about the interviewee's background/family/college GPA
- About the interviewee's future-oriented character
- Values creativity, calculation, ideas, approach to business, etc.

Question asked at a Google interview:
- $1,000 game
1) You're in a room with a stranger.
2) You're ordered to divide $1,000 for yourself and the stranger.
3) You're entitled to choose the divided amount. The stranger knows you have $1,000 to divide.
4) You can't talk to the stranger.
5) If the stranger agrees with the suggested amount, you both can take the money. If the stranger disagrees with the suggested amount, $1,000 is taken away from both.
6) In this situation, how much are you going to suggest? Please answer in 30 seconds.

=

Instiz: Question asked at a Google interview

- 500:500. If the stranger also knows this is free money, dividing equally makes it easier for everyone

- 800:200. If there's $1K and only I can decide on the amount, any amount is beneficial for the stranger. Besides, the stranger wouldn't hold it against me since they don't know me and they don't get to decide to negotiate. I'll just make it big.

- 500:500 because I just want to get over with it quick

- I don't think Google wants 500:500 answers... I wonder what the ideal answer was

- 530:470. This is actually a $60 difference but the stranger might think "losing $30 is nothing~"

- 0 for me 100 for stranger. We could then leave the room with the money and then negotiate it together.

- 90 for me because no matter how much I give the stranger, they have to say yes for free money

- My answer will be "I'll give 1K to the stranger because working at Google will make 1K nothing"

- 450 for me because I want to reduce any risk

Back To Top