K-pop, Korean entertainment/culture, Korean fans/netizens [2014~]

Park Bom gets criticized for her rude comment on 4minute winning #1



Pann: Park Bom was too rude this time





*Roommate casts are surprised when 4minute is announced to be the winner*

Park Bom: "I was sure that we (2NE1) would win #1, but we didn't. At the backstage, Nana came up to me and said, "unnie's group should've won #1" and held my hand. It cheered me up a lot"

4minute was ahead of 2NE1 in terms of SNS scores and digital sales



(edit - Park Bom's words are translated correctly)


=====



1. [+105, -25] It's true that Park Bom was rude. I'm sure 4minute and SNSD fans were all upset. But as a fan, let me defend her a bit... Before this, Park Bom said that she sometimes chooses wrong words when speaking. If you watch her on TV, you'll notice her being careful. And 2NE1 won #1 on M Countdown, so she must've thought 2NE1 would also win on Inkigayo. Park Bom is at wrong for sure because you can't take words back. As a 2NE1 fan, I'm sorry for 4minute and SNSD fans...


2. [+100, -11] Of course she's rude with this. I was surprised when I watched her saying that. I think Bommie said it without thinking. She should be careful when speaking... Why did you do that ㅠㅠ


3. [+81, -19] I think she meant no offence. She should reflect and make sure not to talk like that again. 2NE1 fans are stopping themselves from defending her... Aigo what if she cries again ㅋㅋㅋ In the preview, she was crying.


4. [+46, -52] Park Bom is at fault but I wouldn't say she's rude.


5. [+37, -16] You're making it as if Park Bom said "of course 2NE1 should win #1. Why 4minute?" For 2NE1, this is their full album after four years, their digital sales were good, and she was so happy when she won #1 and cried. Of course she would anticipate to win #1. I know that Park Bom chose wrong words but I don't think she deserves this much of criticisms. Park Bom didn't mean that 4minute shouldn't win #1. I understand why 4minute fans are upset, though. I admit that Park Bom's language wasn't appropriate but I don't think Park Bom's personalities should be judged by it. Park Bom said she lived overseas for long so her Korean isn't perfect. And the casts on Roommate.. I was indeed surprised because their bad facial expressions but I think it's because Park Bom is their Roommate peer, the focus was on 2NE1 vs SNSD, and Jo Se Ho didn't even know that 4minute was one of the candidates. I think they were expecting either 2NE1 or SNSD so they were just surprised. I'm not saying that 4minute doesn't deserves to win #1 but I see why this is a sensitive issue... So Park Bom should choose her words carefully. And shouldn't the Roommate producer edit this out? They like to create fuzz.


6. [+31, -15] How is it rude to expect winning #1? Don't all candidates want to win #1?


7. [+29, -9] Everyone's reactions were like that except 4minute fans ㅋㅋ


8. [+27, -5] Honestly... didn't everyone expect either SNSD or 2NE1?


9. [+25, -12] Isn't it obvious? The casts are just surprised because 4minute is winning with a trashy autotuned song ㅋㅋㅋ They wouldn't have been that surprised if SNSD won. 4minute ㅋㅋㅋㅋ Thanks for the laugh.


Back To Top